Five people arrested over kidney-for-iPad affair in China
4 December Surgeon and accomplices go behind bars for shocking 'kidney-for-iPad' surgery
10 August Chinese court starts looking at “kidney sold for iPad case”
6 April Five people arrested over kidney-for-iPad affair in China
2 June Shocking: Chinese teenager sells his kidney for an iPad 2
2. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Further proof of iDiOcy; a kidney for an iDud with a wi-fi only connection and wi-fi connection problems.
Charge them all with iMutilAtion.
21. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
This crazy.... its apple marketing which is causing all this... people and kids with no brains consider it matter of pride to hold a Idevice... there is nothing special in stupid apple devices, I went to store compared s**tty 3g small iphone 4s and galaxy note with LTE and huge screen and paid more to get the galaxy note..... APPLE .. STOP MAKING FOOL OF PEOPLE AND TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY...
22. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
But in turn it is the person's choice to either do something illegal or idiotic in order to own these devices. It is up to them to research the products they buy the information is out there so if they do it because they are so obssessed in order to sell something like a kidney vs an old device in order to get a new device whether it be apple or a samsung then it is there bad decision to do so. Apple did not hold this person down and say "Sell a kidney so you can afford the ipad 2!" Freewill and bad choices are what did it.
23. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
are u serious? "dont market ur products apple people might actually want them"...
and cool thing that u like ur note more than the iphone-- many do and many dont.. doesnt mean people who dont are stupid
dare i say u fell to the "highly successful" note ads? ironic?
31. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
i am a iFan and thats too much for me .
A tablet (ipad 2 will go outdated after a few years )
YOur kidney you need it thats why god give you 2 of it
4. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
So how many people do you think are heading to the DPS office to retract their organs donation agreement, after reading this article? I know I won't!
6. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I've wondered if this kid did something equally nutty to get the new ipad. anyways glad to see something done to these criminals
32. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
HE might sell his retina just to have a look at that retina display as he got 2 eyes .
the reason he sell his kidney is because it has 2 right ?
No matter what device he bought , android or ios its a bad idea to sell of your kidney .
33. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Human exploitation is common in China .
BTW if i sell my kidney it would be so that i can start a business or invest in bonds/gold/stocks when i get rich i buy another kidney back not for a stupid tablet
7. sscott3548 (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
hahaha love it! is anyone interested in my kidney? i really want the galaxy nexus lol ;)
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
it's in cases like this that I wholeheartedly agree with the Chinese policy of taking such scumbags to the nearest wall and shooting them. Poor kid.
29. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Multiple thumbs down for that? Never change, iDiots.
10. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
You mean I could have just sold a kidney for a new iPad? Let me get on eBay right now...
30. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well your kidney might cost 35K so i don't know if trading for 600-800 bux may not be a good deal I would easy buy 5 generations wroth of iPads :P
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I'm glad the people were arrested
13. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Nothing surprises me with apple news anymore,this is terrible
15. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This has nothing to do with Apple. Get a life.
18. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Em the title and whole article is about ifans and ipads,so yes its news about apple or its products
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You really need to find something better to do than troll Apple all day.
20. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Thanks for the thumbs down,make sure to log in under your other alias and thumbs down again
25. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that bit of trolling advice brought to you by the boards biggest troll.. taco. silliness.
26. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I wonder if i hadnt mentioned him logging in under other aliases would i have ended up with 5-6 thumbs down for that comment?!
14. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
It's his Free Market right to sell whatever part of his body he so chooses. If there is a market for it,why not??? It's not the government's place to say anything.
34. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
But int urn he did not sell it to donate it to a hostpital he did it under the black market for money HUGE difference of free choice to sell your body parts. Its called black market because the people behind it are not doing it either up to health code standards or not its the same thing if someone says oh hey I can get augmentation or eye surgery for 300 sweet vs going to a licenced professional and paying more money to get it done right. who is to say that these people who placed this kidney into someone who needed it even did a good job. Thats why there are rules.
24. chengz (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
our body is a temple we have to takecare of it...
27. chaosnightmare (Posts: 64; Member since: 20 May 2010)
Whoever with such grade of iStupidity deserves to die
28. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Shows you the power of Apple's mind control techniques :)
But seriously, stupid kid. Unfortunately, there are too many stupid people like him...
35. BattleBrat (Posts: 1215; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
That kid is an idiot, he paid the wrong amount, an iPad costs an arm and a leg, not a kidney... retard....