Five of the top six mobile apps in the U.S. during December, were from Google
0. phoneArena 23 Jan 2013, 20:53 posted on
Yeah, yeah, yeah! We haven't seen a chart dominated by one group or corporation since the Beatles monopolized the U.S. record charts back in 1964, but now Google is responsible for five of the top six mobile apps in the United States as Facebook was the only non-Google app to crack the list; check out the top ten to see if your fave app made the cut...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. maxis3G (unregistered)
These chart show what I used the most....
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
In software, no1 touches GG at the moment.
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
What was the "XX million users" stats not quoted for iTunes? Was it so low that it was preferred to skip mentioning numbers?
3. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh, so google play has more users than itunes store?
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
With a million Android being activated per day, I could see that. Apple sells a ton of phones, but I'm not sure how many new accounts their setting up. iTunes accounts can be shared by many devices in one household, but every individual phone has to have its own gmail, Google Play, Google Maps, YouTube, etc, etc...
8. joey41 (Posts: 45; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Well you could also have multiple android devices with the same Google account!
9. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
You could, but Android users aren't dumb.
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Kinda figured Google Maps would have been their top app after Apple Maps flopped so badly. Just goes to show you how much people rely on email and watching videos of cats doing stupid things.
11. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its the reason why gangnam style has over a billion hits and "aint nobody got time for that" is racking up millions of hits!!
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 2150; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, this news can't go over well in Cupertino...
This just in: Apple buys Facebook, claims patent on human social interaction.
12. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Dude, keep quiet. Don't give them any ideas.