Five new Nokias leak in RDA: Nokia 510, Belle 805, Lumia 920, 950 and 1001
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2012, 08:51 posted on
Nokia shares are hitting a 16-year bottom today, but as the Finns are losing more and more of that scarce investor patience, a leak straight out of Nokia offices comes to save the day…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Looks like there is still some hope for the Symbian Fans..!!
but i would rather take Windows Phone 8 anytime cuz they would be getting the more love from the Developers
Nokia should have replaced Symbian with MeeGO and then everything would had been in thier favour
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
agree with you but i dont want them to kill symbian, they should put the OS on low end! and make meego as there OS for mid range to high end as a buck up for WP8! just a supporter! and i hope that they will let the android apps ported on meego! it will be sweet!
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
I wonder if manufacturers have to pay WP license fees to MS. If not how MS can make profits from their investment, if not then how they can compete with Android.
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
As far as I know profits from marketplace are miniscule for Google and not a big sum for Apple either (comparing with hardware sales).
For MS the business model is always OS license fees, for that WP must have some killer features to justfy the license fees.
As of now Android is superior in every way and MS still have to spend and spend.
5. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Yes, the phone manuf. pay license fees to MSFT for WP. Nokia has an alliance where the cost of said license is in the balance against Nokia assets shared within the entire MSFT ecosystem (mostly location based services).
8. haseebzahid (Posts: 1826; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and licence is for only for windows8 RT version so dont get confused windows8 pro and wp8 dont require licence i think
4. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Looking for a Lumia 710 replacement price and specifications wise and with WP8 of course. That would be the sweet spot.
10. Altair (Posts: 324; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Nokia Lumia 1001 is not a phone, but a RT tablet.
12. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 253; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
comments such as the above is the reason why i like reading comments, some people think out of the box.
16. Altair (Posts: 324; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Who says it runs WP8? RDA tool just shows out different models out there, wich runs different platforms like WP, Symbian, S40/S60 and Meego.
RDA doesn't limit devices only to WP8.
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1826; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
are u sure if its a tablet it cannot run wp8 if it is phone it cannot run win8 the only confusion will be any application can run on both ends so this is tricky to tell apart
11. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
A WP8 phone with PureView would be a serious contender in the upcoming market.
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think Lumia 1001 is a tablet since numbers 8-9 is high end smartphones then 5,6,7 are midrange then 2-3 are low end!
17. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 967; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
your almost back in the competition Nokia