Fitch cuts Sony, Panasonic credit rating to 'junk'
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2012, 03:17 posted on
Fitch, one of the world’s three biggest credit rating agencies, has just downgraded Sony and Panasonic’s stock to ‘junk’ status…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
we dont need your approval fitch.....
2. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This reflects the state of Japan really.
The country is going through collective apathy.
3. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Panasonic will die off slowly than Sony. These two companies and others alike are moving too slow. They won't change with the times. That's their downfall.
4. cripton805 (Posts: 944; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I was just thinking about this right before this article. Sony needs to innovate on a more.creative productive level. They tend to innovate on propriatary things to Sony and costly mass production...
Cough cough. PS3 processor 7 SPEs, Mini discs, UMDs, memory chips, etc...
I think Blu Ray was Sony? At least they did one right thing... Sort of...
If you're smart, you'll know why.
7. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
I think they also helped with making the CD and produced the first colour phone (SE).
10. cripton805 (Posts: 944; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Please read the comment again. There's a couple key words that you missed.
6. ryq24 (Posts: 507; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
of the two, sony have a better chance of bouncing back but they will never be number 1 again. koreans and chinese companies will rule the world one day if not already.
8. Jyakotu (Posts: 822; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Sony has a much larger portfolio than Panasonic does, so in all honesty, they can always come back. PlayStation is still huge, plus they have laptops, TVs, Walkman, headphones, smartphones, etc. The list goes on.
11. daniel_bargs (Posts: 323; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
if only they price their products parallel to the competition. Sony has $400 netbook while asus has $250 with exactly the same specs!
12. oister85 (Posts: 401; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I like both companies I hope the best for them