First unofficial details about Nokia EOS surface
0. phoneArena 17 May 2013, 08:35 posted on
The Nokia EOS is a device we’ve been hearing for months now. The supposed Windows Phone-based successor to the best cameraphone on the market…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looks Like EOS is near.........waiting for photo leak........!!!
15. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Where are you Mr. Blurrycam when we need you? LOL!
41. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Nokia's phone always have the same design and build,
sturdy and solid feel.
46. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
You hate on Samsung all the time even though Nokia uses the same thing plastic that Samsung does its just not hyperglazed.
17. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
what EOS? the only flagship for nokia is lumia 925. nokia is gonna dieeee.
34. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I have no quarrel with nokia in fact i love them...but when i heard you say fanboy i had to laugh...i mean your criticising him for being a fanboy when your clearly the nokia fanboy in the first place...i just hate idiots throughing the phrase fanboy around without thinking!
33. Dastrix (unregistered)
What EOS? You must be joking!
45. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Another camera champ!
2. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Stop teasing and show us the damn device already! All we get this month from Nokia is a crappy improvement which is the Lumia 925.
3. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I agree, nothing special about the Lumia 925....
I still love my Cyan Lumia 920 more ....
16. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I think it's a shame Nokia didn't get colorful with the 928 and 925.
28. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
THe execs and Blackberry switchers will very much find much to like in the black/grey/white Lumia 925/928.
38. p211093 (Posts: 25; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
u dont read the news..colours r coming soon
20. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
define special more ram meh ur stupid more processor meh much more stupid a tiny little company with 1 room and 4 engineers can make octacore 4gb ram 5" android phone get over this s**t its not a big deal question is who has made improvements in other sides recently only HTC and Nokia none other have done anything about camera mics speaker and other stuff that make the phone what they do is lame traon of more ram hahaha for me its no better then s**t
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
r u sure bro, in hardware wise nokia did not improve much (only screen, camera and speaker). but u have to agree with body (light weight, and slim). we know it's a variety of NL920 so it's going to same.
one point is here that WP restrict Nokia to improve in hardware :(
62. Ethan99 (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 May 2013)
So, You guys say WP restricts the hardware capabilities ; and do you know why??? Microsoft Windows Phone team has their reasons_ # FACT is to extend battery life and to optimize the handsets to achieve high efficiency(you don't need 600 HP to run a car) and of course _ to allow easy development of apps(WVGA_720p_WXGA) _ it was the critical time of WP and NOKIA and they had to do some things within limits. Just my opinion :) Now everything's became a lot better & WPhones are ready to step up to the next level!
6. windroid (unregistered)
Only by the end of summer. The OS has to be changed in order to accept the high pixel count.
The 925 is an improvement something we already know from previous Nokia models, the main benefit is being much lighter and a slightly improved camera. The number of WP devices available has to increase to add more visibility to the OS. As Samsung floods the market with similar devices, the same has to happen with Nokia. That's the way the marked works these days.
4. jibraihimi (Posts: 764; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
If they are delaying it for sale in holiday season, then they should atleast upgrade the screen to FullHD resolution, and processor should be atleast quadcore, because it will require more processing power than the other WP8 phones, due to it's high resolution camera......... I hope GDR3 update is ready before the launch of this phone.......
7. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
1080+41mp+3000mah+quadcore(i know it won't make much difference but let it be)+2GHZ=10M+ Sales
9. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
1080p+s800 cpu+2500mah+41mp (or atleast 20mp) and I'm in.
I know Windows phone does not require quad core or 1080p but what's the problem in implementing it....c'mon we want Nokia back
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Would love that, but that's not possible for now!
19. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Microsoft is not fully pushing Windows phones. ..
they really need to speed up the development and add more features unique to the platform....
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i still not get it that why Microsoft make fully features WP OS like windows xp, 7 and 8. Hurry up MS u need to put really quick common features in your WP, u know it's not hard.
30. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The answer is simple, because Windows Phone 8 is a bridge. They are extending the bridge and will eventually make Windows Phone and Windows the same OS. Perhaps they may do the same with the Xbox as well.
43. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
wendygarett is a paid shill, working for the competition, and his/her sole purpose for being here is to write fundamentally negative and dishonest comments about Nokia and/or Microsoft products and services.
NOTE: This person's comments should be deleted due to countless past violations, and their account should be suspended indefinitely. PHONE ARENA, please stop allowing paid bashers working for other companies to interfere with the review and feedback process!
58. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL = wendygarett & at least 12 others
14. windroid (unregistered)
There are a number of improvements that needs to be done in Windows Phone OS for Nokia to fully show its potential as a superior phone maker.
Nokia has a lot to deliver bas is being stopped by some flaws in the OS. GDR2 will cover some spots but not all, we need to wait for unified windows experience.
50. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I hope wp8 brings out 1080p support and ups the cpu to a snap Dragon 600 for the Christmas season this year. And I would like to see the eos be one of the first phones to do this bump in hardware.