First software update coming to Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2012, 23:29 posted on
Even though it's still ICS, the main fix in the I535VRALG7 update is that it will resolve the "No SIM" error message that some people have been receiving, despite them changing out their SIM for a new one. Other benefits include improved stability and connectivity with Back Up Assistant, support for viewing the Guided Tour video’s over the cellular network, improved data connectivity when using SBeam, and NFC tagging issues resolved.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder when JB is going to be making its way to the VZW GS III?
2. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Whenever pigs fly......lolllll jking. I have Verizon GS3 also. I hope it comes soon!!!! Plzzz Verizon dont do anything to mess it up.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And does the G7 update remove the local search function?
4. FAUguy (Posts: 78; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Since the local search was removed in G1 and G7 makes no mention of bringing it back, my guess is an update from F2 to G7 will remove the local search.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That is what I was thinking, too. I think I will wait for JB. Hopefully the update isn't pushed to handsets without the owner being able to decline the update?
6. FAUguy (Posts: 78; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Even if the update gets pushed, I'm wondering if it will make people lose root or the unlocked bootloader. If that happens, you could probably use ODIN to revert back to stock F2 software. Or just use one of the Jelly Bean ROMs until an official JB update comes.
7. ChafedBanana (Posts: 381; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Complete crap. Where is Jelly Bean? I'm ready for the Galaxy Nexus 2.