First sample images from the Sony Xperia Z are yummy
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:38
The photos are pretty decent, with noise kept in check for the sake of some detail smearing; other than that, the colors are vibrant and the pics look sharp. What we would really like to see though, are the HDR video samples, and we'll try to get some of those before the expo ends...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:43 3 17
Seriously, w/o samples from comparable cameras like iP5, GS3 we can't judge the pictures quality.
7. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:03 3 8
They look average, not better than what is available in HTC Droid DNA, Samsung Galaxy SIII/Note II, & Apple iPhone 5. It's clearly on par with what is out there.
Nothing spectacular like Nokia's Pure View.
21. zazori08 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 16:17 2 2
how can you say that when sony produces their cameras.
23. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 08 Jan 2013, 22:03 0 2
Because the pictures don't lie. Should I lie & say the pictures do look better because Sony makes their cameras?
I said the pictures are on par with the others I mentioned.
These pictures are CLEARLY not better.
24. -RVM- posted on 09 Jan 2013, 11:54 0 0
afaik Sony is not involved with Nokia 808's camera in any way.
27. zazori08 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:41 0 0
i know that because it's written on the camera of the 808
namely Carl Zeiss
26. zuckerboy posted on 10 Jan 2013, 03:20 0 0
purewiew only good at night scenes for dayligth not best
8. freebee269 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:06 5 2
like your iphone 5's saturated colors?
you're moving into wendy's and TROLL's space for the best phonearena troll award. by the way i think that would be a funny poll to start and award to give out.
9. zuckerboy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:22 3 0
my iphone 5 ? check my phones list mate I have gs2
11. freebee269 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:41 3 1
so your gs2 has amoled display vs. the 920's lcd display yet your saying the 920 has saturated colors? ok....
LCD displays start with a backlight that’s always on, and require light in order to create black, white, and colors. High end LCD’s have the reputation for creating the most accurate colors and “grays”, but are often calibrated (on purpose) to produce weaker red, blue, and purple colors to keep power consumption down. LCD screens also age slower, and can easily withstand thousands of hours of use.
This particular type of screen requires no light in order to produce black, but only needs it to produce white and colors. Because of this, it can be considered as a battery saving display. OLED displays are often brighter, but can often suffer from oversaturated green colors. They also age a lot faster than LCDs, with red and blue colors deteriorating faster than green. That might not sound like a big deal, but it can cause the color balance to suffer over time. OLEDs are also more expensive to make, which has caused many manufacturers (HTC for example) to switch from AMOLED to LCD displays.
Don’t let the title “Super” fool you. This is simply Samsung’s proprietary name and approach to making OLED displays. In other words, Super AMOLED=Samsung OLED. Super AMOLED, Super AMOLED Plus, and HD Super AMOLED only really have one major difference: sub pixels.
12. zuckerboy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:43 1 3
did I say smoled better than lcd ? but admit iphone 5 capture more natural looking pictures than lumia brick ;)
14. freebee269 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:48 0 0
more useless opinion vs. mine backed up with facts. i'm done.
15. zuckerboy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:52 0 3
then u admit :)
17. Basharhd99 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 14:23 0 0
you dont even have a lumia 920 how could u judge???
19. Basharhd99 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 14:34 0 0
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:48 5 3
And, a flagship smartphone is supposed to do things other than take pics. I hope the call quality is on a par with Sammy.
Waiting for the review.
4. Rexperia posted on 08 Jan 2013, 12:03 10 8
sammy, sammy and sammy...nothing but sammy... Lord....
10. windy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:29 0 0
Waiting to see the full camera review to compare with others. I expect more "pro camera like" picture quality in mobiles in 2013.
13. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:46 0 1
YUM YUM. Should of taken a picture of one of my favorite shandwhiches the PANINI and I could hold the XPERIA Z RIGHT NOW
20. Crane posted on 08 Jan 2013, 14:51 0 0
I think, the pix were taken without any special settings, but my Acro S can take nearly same photos like these...
25. Droid_X_Doug posted on 10 Jan 2013, 01:57 0 0
For Sony's sake, I hope the photos were not taken with some other camera. As in take a page from the Nokia playbook for how to do new product introductions. That would NOT be the way to introduce your new flagship phone to the world.