First pics of the Moto X backplates leak
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 16:45 posted on
We are quite obviously getting very close to the official reveal of the Motorola Moto X, because the leaks are coming fast and furious now. We've already seen a couple of places, including ABC News, repeating information that we had reported months ago, and now we're seeing the first leaked pictures of the Moto X backplate in various colors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Mehhh, not hating on this device but I don't think it'll be enough to stand on it's own. They need a true flag ship device of 2013 already.
5. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
May be they want to become Mid-ranger king?
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Well then they are on their way, lol what I wonder is, what will be the price tag of the Moto X? If they can match the 299 OFF CONTRACT price that the Nexus 4 has, they might just be able to pull something off.
15. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Since they will give consumer choices to customize the phones so I think it will give tough time to other manufacturers.
Motorloa has been working on this phone for a very long time and I think they will introduce something serious
17. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Motorala just needs a flagship with the same customization/strong advertising and Samsung would be dead.
19. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I disagree with you.
Samsung is on top and it would be very difficult (almost impossible) for them to snatch its position.
Only Nokia, Apple and HTC can bring Samsung down.
27. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
C'mon, I'm a Nokia supporter but out of those three names you mentioned, let's be realistic. Apple is the only true adversary that are either on par/toppling Samsung, they have a large enough cash revenue/vast following and clout to influence the tech and media industry. When we hear about earnings and top market share, it will always be Samsung and Apple, HTC by comparison is almost irrelevant to both outside the phone industry.
28. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Before 2009.. Nokia was leading the smartphone market and no one had thought that Samsung will be the king.
Same thing can be applied to HTC.
Apple can't be on number one I think.
Most of the people prefer Android over iOS for its eco system. If Nokia brings Android or WP8 gets some serious improvement then they can beat Samsung but it will take time..
Samsung will be the king for next 2-3 years easily.
31. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple becoming number 1 is pipe dream unless they rethink about their criminally high prices.
45. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Motorola has as good a chance as HTC & Nokia. maybe not Apple though.
44. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i think its one of the latest nokia windows phone that allows customers to change the back cover or housing for phone and it looks like totally different phone.
this is same approach.
if any one used nokia 3310 you would remember how it used to be done back then ;)
39. trustory (Posts: 131; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
But the nexus 4 and this have of very similar specs. Since this is 2013 not 2012 anymore shouldn't it be less than 300? Maybe 250$ or even better 200$
16. AnTuTu (Posts: 1551; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Moto why not a Phablet flagship with your awesome build quality ?? :(
22. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That's likely the plan for the RAZR Ultra
30. AnTuTu (Posts: 1551; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Looking forward to that one. Thanks for the update
33. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8317; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Phablets are niche and the last thing Motorola needs is saturating there product line.
35. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3062; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Yeah, everyone should only make one or two models at most. Screw choice.
40. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's a job for the Razr Ultra. Motorola and Google's devices will be separate from each other. The Moto X is their Google phone that's meant to be priced low and available almost everywhere, Motorola will still have their own line of devices with high end specs.
2. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Why everyone is copying Nokia's stragety of colorful phones?
Colored iPhones.. Now colored Moto X..
4. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
For people like you, let me clear that I am not trolling or bashing anyone.. just sharing my views.
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well please dont....and BTW lumia have got at most 5 colors moto has 20.....so if anything moto have beaten lumia...
8. MrKoles (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
So colours are patented too? I lolled so hard...
9. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Can you tell me where I have said "colors are patented or Nokia will sue them etc"?
Please get a life and read my comment again
11. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
They were many flip phones that had variety of colors. Nokia is NOT the first company to come up with that.
I just hope you are trolling....
12. smallworld (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Colorful phones have existed since years now.
23. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yes, because we all know that no product in history offered a choice of colors before Nokia came around...
24. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
+1 for making my statement clear.
29. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
41. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
32. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8317; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Colored devices have been around long before Nokia. Remember colored game boys?
34. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3062; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
How many things don't come in different colors? If anything the things that come in one or two colors are in the minority.
36. Mobilephile (Posts: 140; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
you're so right, even these copied their color strategy! the bastards
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
20 colors. What a awesome concept. All we need is a Moto press conference.
18. promise7 (Posts: 757; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i dislike how phone companies only make the back of the phone in different colors. i think the front should be the same color as well, but of course this is much more costly and time assuming.
20. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
What the hell does it matter what color? It's about performance. And black is pretty much best for view ability. But if the phone doesn't run, or the screen sucks it doesn't matter. I'd rather have a smartphone than a blue turd. Colors and engravings don't get me excited.
21. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
It's not all about performance. It's about features that are fun and useful, and making sure that the performance can deliver them optimally. More performance is great, but not everything like you say it is.
There was an article on this site saying Google kind of gave up on making this the super phone, though... it seems like they did something at least, since it's mentioned to have hardware/software features to give it situational awareness etc.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think i'd want the back of mine to be black but i'd want a different color spine. i hope there's a brighter green than the one pictured here for me to choose and of course if i have the option i'll make it METAL! ;D
oh man i'm getting really excited about this now. i may just hold on to the Note II i'm getting tomorrow for a bit instead of selling it or putting cash with it to get an S4 or something.
37. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
DAMNNN, non-removable batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!!
next phone please. Moto X is getting more disappointing!
38. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Moto has been doing non-removable batteries since the 2011 Razr. That's almost 2 years. Why would the X be any different?
42. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I think that Motorola has a point doing this removable back cover.
Every year they say that they are seeking to make the fastest and the most durable phone.
The Kevlar back is awesome, a bit ugly for some people, but the fell and grip is unique for me.
But how many people today are brave enough to go out without a bumper to show the beauty of their phones? Not many I guess. The reason is simple, we don't want to scratch them.
So I think they are aiming to make a phone that you wont need to buy a bumper to protect it because the back cover will be replaceable (and I hope it will be cheap). So if it scratch or break you just need to buy a new one.
Anyway, I'm still hoping for more, otherwise it will be very disappointing.