First phone from Motorola and Lenovo may be planned for the fall
0. phoneArena 22 Apr 2014, 11:15 posted on
This is one rumor that seems a bit hard to swallow, but we're guessing that maybe someone on the inside might know more than we do on the subject. There is a new rumor from the official China Mobile Alliance Weibo account which claims that the first smartphone collaboration from Motorola and Lenovo may be planned for this fall...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1850; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Moto just needs to put out one high end phones for all four major carriers in the U.S. and most major carriers for the rest of the world, then they will see more success. Since they have made name for themselves with Moto X and G.
10. jroc74 (Posts: 5589; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly....just like Samsung did with the Galaxy line. Before the Galaxy S 1....it was Moto and HTC as the most popular Android phones.
Moto basically gave up the low to mid range market before the Moto G....them along with Nokia showed you can have a low priced phone and have a decent piece of hardware, software to go with it.
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1850; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
YES! Please just one high end phone Moto! I loved my Motorola Atrix 4G. With 1930mAh of battery for a 4" screen, it was one of the best battery phone out there.
20. Magenta (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Motorola and Lenovo will be a success. My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro ultrabook is a fine piece of art!
2. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Only thing I'd like to see Lenova do is continue to produce the X & G models at affordable price points and make a high end device for all carriers instead of focusing mainly on Verizon, make Motorola a global name instead.
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 2916; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Brother lenovo is chinese, so you can imagine affordability easily
5. shuaibhere (Posts: 1959; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Only if it comes with name of lenevo...
11. Ashoaib (Posts: 2916; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Even if it comes with motorola name... chinese know how to keep price down
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1959; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But they'll not...because why should they if people will buy phones in regular price...
4. shuaibhere (Posts: 1959; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Motorola a global
Motorola is already a global name...
That's the reason lenevo bought it...to expand globally....
So far the problem for motorola has been the mass production....even though moto g was big hit in markets like in india...they cant meet the demand...so they lost lot of consumers....
That problem will be solved with the big manufacturing facility in lenovo...
12. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Motorola sales before the Moto X & G were not that good. While the name was known globally, they didn't sell a lot of phones globally. Motorola's main target was Verizon, where the Droid campaign was successful.
Perhaps I should have substituted "sales force" for "name" instead.
6. Ashoaib (Posts: 2916; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Chinese doesnt need a year to plan/design a phone... they have ingredients ready, design queues from others and here you go... a great phone in an affordable price
7. shuaibhere (Posts: 1959; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But motorola needs....
The device will be made by brains in moto and hands in lenevo...
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5589; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"The trouble is that the sale of Motorola to Lenovo hasn't passed through any of the regulatory hurdles that it needs to cross before the deal can be finalized.
It is certainly possible that Google is allowing Motorola to work with Lenovo even before the deal is finalized. Though, the word is that this is a new device designed from the ground up in cooperation between the two companies.
And, given how long it generally takes to design and produce a mobile device, the two sides would have had to start working together basically from January when Google first announced the sale."
If this is true....big shout out to Google for allowing it. I dont claim they are angels....but Google really does try to live by the mantra "do no evil" at times...especially if this is true.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Motorola does need a high end phone plus in the U.S. MARKET only VERZIONE the big greedy red gets the best phones from them.
14. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I sense a new milestone coming along shortly.
16. iphoneman37 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Would be nice to see a redesigned droid 5 . We had the original droid and loved it.
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
waiting for motos quadcore highend phone....
21. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1355; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The Windows Fans would love to see a Lenovo Moto with windows 8.1 on it. Why not Samsung, and HTC and others will put out at least 1 model of a Windows 8.1 smartphone.
Windows 8 smart phones have come of age and is the true blue third smartphones ECO System.
22. Magenta (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
HTC did produce Windows Phones devices and Microsoft listed the 8S to be compatible with the 8.1 update.