First look at Samsung Orion ARM Cortex-A9
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Nov 2010, 10:16
The monster of a chip might well dominate the mobile industry's future skyline with an ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core 1GHz CPU and a quad-core Mali 400 GPU on board. The hot new chip has twice the brain power and allegedly five times the graphical oomph of Samsung's Hummingbird…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. skymitch89 posted on 12 Nov 2010, 11:23 0
This is crazy!! If the mobile CPUs & GPUs keep advancing at this rate, I think that they should use them in netbooks and tabs.
2. Cedo (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2010, 11:54 0
Yeah, maybe, if it weren't for the fact that netbook and tablet CPUs and GPUs are advancing also.
By the time these come out there will be better and faster processors for the netbooks and such.
8. none (unregistered) posted on 20 Nov 2010, 16:50 0
they already have released a few Smartbooks with Arm processors..
3. nikz (unregistered) posted on 13 Nov 2010, 00:40 0
you need atleast 2500mAh battery to feed this monster ,even for a day!!
5. Yassham (unregistered) posted on 14 Nov 2010, 10:24 0
The iPhone 4 Use A Apple A4 Chipset Not A Cortex A8 Clocked ' !!
7. Boz (unregistered) posted on 18 Nov 2010, 11:01 0
Sorry to burst you bubble but the "Apple A4" is a Cortex A8 based chip. Wiki is your friend =)
6. imuxx (unregistered) posted on 14 Nov 2010, 11:29 0
Wow this sounds amazing. I spose a nuclear powered phone would be ideal to feed power into this chip :)
9. stubborn_d0nkey (unregistered) posted on 05 Dec 2010, 15:28 0
iPhone 4's chip is called A4 but the architecture of the chip IS cortex-A8
10. TechU (unregistered) posted on 29 Dec 2010, 20:35 0
Yeah, But can it run the x264 AVC Encoder at a good speed ;) in 2011