First iPhone 5s commercial sells the gold experience
0. phoneArena 20 Oct 2013, 15:23 posted on
Since the two new iPhones were released just about one month ago, the official ads from Apple have been exclusively focused on the iPhone 5c and not the higher-end iPhone 5s. The general theory is that Apple wanted to make sure its 5s production issues and supply were ironed out before starting marketing campaigns, and it looks like that time has come...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Typical apple, tricking customers into thinking that the 5s is real gold lol
2. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Dude,People are not as much Stupid as you think,I'm sure whoever wants to buy this beauty,Knows that the gold One is not real and that's just gold colored
7. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
You must have not watched Jimmy Kimmel's videos:
Here to get you started:
I know some of you are going to say, this is fake. Go to your local apple store and listen what people say. You'll be surprised....
10. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
I know,But apple just wanted to add another color to their flagship colors,Its not Tricking or something around that..
24. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Adding a gold color isn't tricking customers... The fact that the ad makes it look like the phone is made out of gold is tricking and misleading customers.
13. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
lmao I saw this too!!! people jus cant admit to not knowing something so the look STEWPID on camera. buuuut it is Los Angees, n like almost HALF the ppl out here are pretenders hypocrites and/or bulls**tters. source? me, i live here :)
plus they're isheep
heres the real golding link, AGAIN on this website, where u can get a REAL gold phone for less than Half what that isheep paid
15. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
12. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
did u not hear that some retarded isheep were paying 10 grand for the gold one on ebay??!!!? kuz they thought it was REAL GOLD!!! after an inteview. so trust me, plus i think the stories are on this very site!! HMMMMMMM..... HERE WE GO!!
go home @user72042 ......youre drunk
16. promise7 (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Where is the interview that says the buyer thought it was real gold? In that article it doesn't state so anywhere.
41. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
No i didn't know that but It was an earful story,one person that wanted to pay 10K for that,As i said of course there are so many brainless people out here that Don't exactly know what that Gold color really is,but some of them know and will try to inform the brainless ones..
18. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
You'd be surprised. A lot of consumers thought they were carrying around 4G phones when iOS 6 was released for the iPhone 4 and 4s.
34. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
that ish was sooooooooo damn anoying. i had an Evo 4G at the time n i had to slap some sense into sooo many isheep.... with their puny 3g dial up speed. my Evo blew them out the water with Broadband speeds, AANNDD hot spot ability..... oh... ANNDD Unlimited data.... Big fat F up tha ass to the iphone!!!
26. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
The mere fact that your response is that people aren't that stupid proves that they are and that you're firmly within that camp....
3. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
if someone actually thinks this is real gold, they deserve a slap to the face.
40. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Agree about what?About the slap?Yeah of course,All I'm saying is that there are people so many people around that know this iPhone5s is gold colored,But as you guys are saying maybe there are some stupid people who think that this is real gold,So they deserve a slap to the face
4. tech2 (Posts: 2892; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I kinda liked their old commercials (link) where the focus was more on the experience and simplicity. This ad seems so fake and wannabe.
8. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I agree. But this ad isn't a bad ad by any means but it is pretty misleading.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Typical apple selling big time dependable products, people love and can count on. Typical iHater so desperate to bash apple, that he resorts to using silly sayings. As if people really thinks its a real gold iphone. So trivial.
25. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
So I'm an iHater for criticizing apple for misleading ads? I could say the same and call you an Apple fanboy for shielding apple for misleading ads?
Come on, the gold color on the ad looks nowhere near what the actual iPhone 5s gold color is like. This ad purposely made the phone look like a real gold phone. If that is not misleading, idk what it is.
I'm pretty certain that if you didn't know about the 5s and you've seen this ad, you would think this phone is real gold.
And I repeat, I am NOT bashing about the actual device or the color (gold) itself, I'm criticizing the ad.
If you think this is trivial, then fine. There is no need to point the finger and call someone a fanboy over it....
27. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
> This ad purposely made the phone look like a real gold phone.
Yes, that is your opinion, and opinions are not facts.
You will find many people don't share your opinion.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok, apologies for calling you that, but no ones gonna think that phones real gold. Anyone interested in that device is gonna know that dude, once again sorry for the name drop. +1
31. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Apology accepted :D +1
I'm sure that the people who know about the device knows that the gold is just a painted color.
I just wanted to point out that people who aren't techsavvy will be mislead by this ad. I've worked with many people who are not techsavvy and I've had experiences. (ex. some people mistaken that the iPhone 4 has 4G even though it is 3G cellular. Turns out that the misunderstanding came from the fact that the iPhone 4 is sometimes called iPhone 4G because it is a 4th generation phone)
A simple ad can cause misunderstandings to some people because those people don't really care about specs or phones in general. I'm not saying that all iPhone users are like this, this happens for android, windows phone or other users.
If you disagree with me then that is totally fine. Just expressing my opinion :D
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That iPhone 4 example is something I've experienced also, if anything that gold iphone ad would have me thinking its the T-1000 from terminator 2. JK lol...
36. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
stop diggin that hole @darkjedii
38. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
yall are damn hard headed.....
43. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Yeah darkk,Thats what I'm talking about..+1
37. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
OMG really?? @darkjedii ?? did u read my comment??? with the links to THIS Website ??
9. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Well for one, they didn't have to bash other OEMs to prove their point. Seems they don't give a flying f*ck to what others do. Attitude and style is what the ad is, needs to add on the utility details too though.
14. promise7 (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
This commercial isn't just with Verizon, I think it's carrier wide. Just saw the same commercial during a NFL game, but with T-Mobile at the end.
17. Derekjeter (Posts: 555; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I love the words at the end "Subject to availability"
Shipping for the gold is up to the end of November.
19. Jommick (Posts: 219; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
If you're lucky - the timeframe these days is 28-42 business days - You'd be lucky to get it before 2014 to be honest.
20. Derekjeter (Posts: 555; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
By the time you get your iPhone, you will only have 6 months to enjoy it before the iphone 6 will be released. Lol!!
28. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
DJ -- you need to check your calendar. There are 12 months in a year.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Most beautiful device on the market rite now, and one of the best. The gold mini2 will challenge for best looking device though. Can't wait to get mine.
30. promise7 (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
After seeing all the recent customized black/gold iPhones i gotta admit those look really nice. Makes me wonder why Apple didn't add a black/gold option.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 14687; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As a die hard Steelers fan, I'd love that. BTW 2 in a row now.
39. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I agree, it would've been nice to see a black/gold option.
44. vjkdua (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Now this comment is for hardliners or the ihaters...but yes lets get this sorted out !!
For sure the way iphone 5S ad projects, it comes out as though a fluid coming out of GOLD turning into iPhone 5s, but to those who might fail to understand if it's real Gold and Apple ever meant to deceive them, this wasnt the first Apple ad, and the Gold (color coating, aluminium etc etc) Apple phone was famous ever before this ad.
Guess some people will criticize and they are open to do that, however yes, Apple has maintained a niche market and stood by it's Premium pricing, and people who turned Apple loyalists stayed. Never heard even a single Apple user complaining like these critics here...seems none of them ever used the iPhone ever...duh !!
But I wont entirely want to sound an Apple promoter, the device (not the co.) was launched in times when what it offered was much ahead of others and Apple needs to catch up on technical front. It has a great competition in the form of Google like the yesteryears of it's rival Microsoft.