First-gen Samsung Galaxy Note may soon get Jelly Bean
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2012, 05:29 posted on
Well, what do you know - Samsung might actually be working on a Jelly Bean update for the original Galaxy Note as we speak! The Samsung fanatics of SamMobile have reported that they have obtained a leaked JB firmware for the Note, and they have the screenshots to prove it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ah finally some jelly bean sweet love for the phone that redefined smartphones!
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
no jelly for note 2..
18. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think you not know much about cellphones
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1399; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Meanwhile in a parallel universe , Note 10.1 has recieved android 4.2
17. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
when dude? r u talking about the indian firmware that leaked that isn't even 20% jelly bean cause it only has its name as 4.1?
5. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
No real reason to upgrade to the Note 2 now. I can buy a used Note for ATT for like $200 off contract.
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I agree 100% with you @FranksGT... I'm sooooo happy that these special updates like Air View & Multi Window are coming to the Original Note... I was going to get the Note II but didn't because of the 16:9 ratio. I like the fat 16:10 ratio of the OG-Note, and hope that the Note III stays at 16:10... If the OG-Note doesn't receive any more update after this, I'm still happy and think my purchase was worth it... ;) Thanks Samsung.
16. Hammerfest (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Screw 16:9... seriously... it makes me want to kill a kitten! and I love cats...
22. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
I love everything about the Note II except for the 16:9 ratio. The OG Note deviated from the norm which is why everyone loved it.
14. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
lucky you!! cant do that because im stuck on stupid verizon :(
7. sorcio46 (Posts: 416; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
My personal video review of this update for Note N7000 to 4.1.1 available here:http://youtu.be/aPW6LQ86MwI
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Nice, just don't add the word official because this is a leak build
15. Topcat488 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
@ sorcio46 - Nice video mate, i watched all 8:31mins of it but was a little disappointed that you didn't mention/have the multi view. I even read all the comments, Okay the ones in spanish i didn't understand. But there is another video with jelly bean that does show a little more.
8. redmd (Posts: 928; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
that UI is really smooth. UI really makes the lag in phones. Will love my Note even more.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
i was using CM10 with nimphitamin kernel, it was running at 1.8 it was much faster than JB4.1 .
10. angelesmec (unregistered)
Any news for the Jelly Bean update of the midrange Samsung Galaxy S Advance which is the same spec as the Galaxy S III Mini except only 256 MB less RAM at 768 MB..still waiting for the good news...
19. cncrim (Posts: 567; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Hopefully the update come before Christmas.
21. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So is this for the International Note n7000 or for US sghI717? Will we get things like smart stay? Why 4.1 why not 4.2? From what I have read this update won't come to carriers til the new year. If only I could buy a Nexus Note that would be updated right away and not have to wait 9 months for the OEMs and carriers to update.