First dashboard iPad mini appears in Tampa just hours after the tablet's launch
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2012, 10:40 posted on
Putting aftermarket stuff in the car dashboard is a favorite American pastime, and the iPad mini got the treatment just hours after its launch today. Soundwaves of Tampa installed Apple's smaller tablet in a 2012 Toyota Corolla immediately to use it as the car's infotainment system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Well that's probably the best use of an iOS product - a car dash or a kiosk ad.
13. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
still better than an Android tablet... Shelves
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You are kidding right? I would love to put a REAL tablet like a Nexus 7 & then we would be rolling in high tech!
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the N7 is a disposible tablet you cannot be serious about being a real tablet... is a budget tablet gets cheaper and cheaper as we speak..
25. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
People have already put tablets, such as the Nexus 7, into their dashboards. I don't see why it's such "news" when it's done with Mini.
24. nofear (Posts: 147; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Not wanted to say that you probably to get lost in city.
2. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Great, another nincompoop driving around while texting, streaming, surfing the web...
20. Droiddoes (unregistered)
You...you cannot be that dense. Seriously I mean you just...you just can't.
27. sprockkets (Posts: 940; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
And the best part is a moron did it for his Corolla.
Apple users and Toyota drivers go well together - both are lifeless appliances.
4. zackh121556 (Posts: 98; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
The only thing worse than this story...is me taking the time to read it!...
7. lnguyen7186 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 May 2011)
It is already installed in my Hummer H2 SUT and link with my Bose sound system. Nice!
8. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I've been itching to do this with a nexus 7 since you guys showed that article a couple months back. Just cant afford it yet.
9. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
The picture of this idiot says it all. Typical fanboy.
23. natewood70 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You are without question a complete idiot. That's the installer that created the flush mount, and the mechanism to put the tablet in the dash. Get your facts straight.
29. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Well it makes three f ags now... the owner, the installer and you. Don't get all butthurt becuase someone is talking about another fanboy, sorry I ruined your circle jerk.
30. natewood70 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yup, you're right. Because your original comment says "The picture of this idiot says it all. Typical fanboy." Clearly it shows you're not talking about the guy in the picture.
Talk about someone getting butthurt? Ha! You get called out on a BS statement and get upset like a little B*$%h.
I'm done with this, have fun trying to look tough online, dumb@$$.
10. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Another smart way to make sure you car gets broken into. Plain genius...
12. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I would love to do a tablet dash, but I would need tablet to be removeable since I wont actually use internet connectivity for it, but just use it for music and whatnot, so it would need to be removeable so that I can load new music and whatnot for it.
16. cdgoin (Posts: 355; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Ahh.. who cares.. or gives a rats buttocks?
17. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well then use apple Maps never never get lost on the moon by the way cuz it aint from this plannet :P
18. chemhaz (Posts: 154; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Just buy a double din Android dvd headnuit with a removable android tablet, you get so much more out of it, like maps that actually work, SD card reader, DVD DVB DVR, 3G, WIFI, Bluetooth, you can connect your iCrap player/phone into it and so much more. Here is one of MANY examples.
28. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
That thing is mad outdated. 2.3 really? probably no dev. support, cool idea, and about the same price as a custom job. I have a car adio buddy who told be I'd be looking at like 5-600 for a nexus 7 installed with an amp and some control doodad and a bespoke "stock looking" mount.
19. mydi.maus (unregistered)
so can you take a picture installed?hahaha
22. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 165; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
So what happens when the iPad has an issue? Is it removable by the owner or do they need to take it to the customs shop that installed it? Or should Apple invest in Apple Auto Centers and start doing this themselves?
26. andynaija (Posts: 350; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Wait so how does it play music through bluetooth or something?