First benchmarks of new quad-core MT6589T chip surface, beats HTC One X
0. phoneArena 10 May 2013, 06:07 posted on
MediaTek is all the rage in chips recently after the company introduced its quad-core MT6589 chip a few months ago. Since then, there has been a boom…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1203; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
While I was still on ics a few days ago I got a total quadrant of 4789 but after updating to jb recently on my one x, I used quadrant again then got a total of 6351
8. amolkhedkar7 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 May 2011)
that device has a 1080p screen and scoring that score having a screen resolution like that, is really great!!!!!!!!
that device is really affordable, not like HTC one X >>>>
6. Johnabis (Posts: 52; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
RK3188 from rockchip is more powerful. It's in the Cube u30gt2. I have that tablet and its very fast and under $300. I'm happy with it. I wish phonearena did more stories on powerful Chinese tablets.
10. cezarepc (Posts: 439; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
That one is 28nm quads paired with quad-Mali 400. I believe the RK3188 can score 18k on Antutu.
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 840; Member since: 07 May 2012)
That doesnt count for s**t if your CPU score is lower tbh.
9. papss (Posts: 2892; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I stopped reading after Chinese was mentioned.. So its still a good bit behind it seems, if its not close to the top I couldn't care less
12. taikucing (unregistered)
And the phone that uses this chip will probably cost under $300..
I'm happy with my dual core phone that has mediatek CPU inside it, Lenovo A800 for under $180.. And its score is close to any dual core Samsung phones.
At the same price, If I buy Samsung or Sony, I only get sh**ty single core CPU, sh**ty TFT LCD & lower battery capacity.
Mediatek isn't Chinese company, but Taiwanese..
You underestimate Taiwan? It means you underestimate TSMC & HTC.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
My stock 4.1.1 One X (msm8960) scored 6375...Also...did anyone noticed terrible 2d score of MT6589T? It reads 121...I guess!!!
13. hisaak (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Not bad, but still it just makes brand new chip on par with almost two years old chips from Nvidia and Qualcomm.
14. true1984 (Posts: 243; Member since: 23 May 2012)
Yeah that's on the same level as my evo 4G lte
15. b1acktiger (Posts: 185; Member since: 19 May 2012)
That benchmark score was tested when One X was launched, After the update it was jumped to 6300+. Why you hiding the facts ?