First benchmark results for the 64-bit Snapdragon 615-packing HTC Desire 820 are here
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2014, 03:38 posted on
After a period of teasers from both HTC and Qualcomm, the two's efforts finally materialized just minutes ago at IFA 2014. The just announced HTC 820 is a reason for both parties to be proud -- HTC has the world's first 64-bit Android handset, and Qualcomm is the one supplying the Snapdragon 615 chip in question...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jeeta444 (Posts: 154; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
s615 will be great chip.for mid range category.
now bring S810 to the market……!!!
13. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
blue on white is a very beautiful combination
2. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It saddens me to see only 32-bit benchmark results of a 64-bit chip.
On the other hand, it makes perfectly sense since Android's eco system will be stuck on 32-bit computing for a very long time regardless of the chip's bitness.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
First of all, the article mentioned that "Keep in mind that the Desire 820 we tested was a demo unit. Performance may differ from that of a retail unit.".
Second, 64-bit will only show it's amazing results in Android L. This phone is currently running Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Lastly, you're just another Apple troll like Mxyzptlktlkspaksiskaksl and Wendy Fake Boob Boy Garett.
8. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
And exactly that shows very well the whole mess around Android.
Nothing fits to each other.
19. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
SAY IT WITH YOUR CHEST!!
18. blitzkreig (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
joke lee back again? you seem to get an unbearable itch in the wrong places on android articles.
as for the iphone 6..
an extra row of icons for the 4.7 incher & 2 extra rows for the 5.5 incher. Oh.. & did i mention limited widget functionality & support for 3rd party keyboards? And the resolution almost equal to full HD?
The next best thing since sliced bread.
I don't mean to offend any apple fans & i respect their choice. But this response is to this nauseating troll.
Mods.. wake up.. show some spine & this troll..
20. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No it doesn't JokeLee. You are secretly thrilled at any reason to take a jab at a device you don't like.
4. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
wow beat htc one in every benchmark...and even if it is the m7, very impressive...
7. xsoft7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Dont forget the M7 is a 1080p device, while the desire is 720P. 2x the more resolution
9. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
oh actually i forgot that one m7 had a sd 600...was thinking about sd 800....and its a shame the snapdragon 600 wasn't in more midrange phones...i hope 615 doesnt face the same fate..
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited true mid-ranger SoC as the Snapdragon 400 somewhat limited what you can get out of a phone that doesn't bear flagship specs. This should be the new standard for any phone bearing a 720p screen, the Adreno 405 GPU seems up for the task although I'm interested in more CPU benchmarks.
10. realjjj (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
The A53 is supposed to be a bit faster than A9 but i have no clue why you tested the GPU and then in Vellamo , a Qualcomm benchmark that they obviously optimize for.
The GPU is not interesting , the new core is very so run some CPU specific benchmarks and avoid Vellamo.
14. alexvv (Posts: 162; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
(offscreen of course) mali-t624 is as powerful as an adreno 320 on a s600. adreno 405 is faster than that and sometime this will be a typical midrange performance. way to go !! but what the f* with the names? adreno 405 is worse than 330 and yet the number is bigger.
23. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
They are model numbers. The numbers have nothing to do with the performance. A lot of people get this mixed up.
15. NIghtbaron (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
added oneplus one beats everyone everywhere atleast on this
25. robocopvn (Posts: 419; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
the On screen test is double the HTC one m7.
However HTC one M7 get full HD screen while Desire 820 only runs on 720p screen