First alleged picture of the OnePlus One shows the rear of the affordable superphone
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
For all that hype they are giving it, it doesn't look incredible at all from the back. Hopefully it won't be a disappointment that all these hype are building into.
3. Finalflash (Posts: 2041; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well the shape is that of the nexus 5 so that's a plus. Other than that the materials are the only thing left aesthetics wise and I don't personally care about that. Just want to see the OS performance for this thing and not much else.
5. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
It's Z2 spec but costs $399. No wonder it's a hype!
9. techperson211 (Posts: 826; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Right . The most overrated smartphone.
10. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1945; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
even if it is not that great looking i would still put my money on it just to help build the company to have a tech group that mod phones and see what we all want in a phone and do it.
15. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1029; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Yeah, looks exactly like an Oppo Find 5 (as OnePlus' CEO came from Oppo)
19. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks nothing like the Xperia S lol. That was a gorgeous phone though. I owned it for a bit.
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
But that red sticker sayin never settle spoils all the glamor
7. duartix (Posts: 164; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
I'm liking it's shape.
Anyone care to extrapolate the dimensions from th3 size of the pins?
13. Commentator (Posts: 2642; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Considering that's just a poster of the phone, no (unless it's perfectly to scale...)
8. kassi (Posts: 95; Member since: 25 May 2013)
i hope they dont come up with those typical chinese huge gigantic bezels
12. Commentator (Posts: 2642; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
According to OnePlus the phone has a 5.5" screen yet a footprint the same size or less than the Xperia Z1. The bezels should be almost non-existant.
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Imo, its been over hyped.
Still has my interest, but somewhat cautious on expecting it to be all its thought to be.
17. p51d007 (Posts: 106; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
They can hype it all they want, BUT, if the specs that have been leaked or mentioned to be true by OnePlus, and after a few days of people getting it and seeing if it holds out, I'm getting one. Not because it is the "cadilac" device, but because it's screen & specs are higher than my current device, galaxy note1 (international unlocked). I'm not looking to be a follower of "trends". People laughed when I got the Dell Streak, pretty much the 1st phablet, even though it had its faults, was tied to at&t which didn't really support it, and Dell didn't really support it, there was a community on XDA that did. When the g-note came out, I jumped on it right away, even though the apple & samsung small screen people were laughing. I don't follow trends, I buy devices that fit my tastes, and the 5-6" screen fits my needs perfectly. If the OnePlus One holds out to be as good as a device, that the 5-6" screen "big boys" have, why pay in some cases (off contract) almost DOUBLE the price, for the same thing? You know XDA and others, along with CM will mod, upgrade and support the thing, so why not get one?
18. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I was on board with getting one but that doesn't look great at all.