First ad for Apple iPhone 5c tries to invoke desire without words
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2013, 09:25 posted on
Earlier on Tuesday, we showed you the first television ad for the Apple iPhone 5s that showed the phone materializing in front of your eyes as if it was a ghost trying to manifest itself into human form; no words were said, and after all, with this being the seventh generation iPhone, no words were necessary...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (Posts: 441; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
This is the opener video that was used at the recent keynote event on September 10th. This is not an advertisement.
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Official Apple channel on YouTube says that it is TV Ad. So who knows better, you or Apple?
23. rodneyej1 (Posts: 678; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Nice that Apple copied Nokia❓... Nokia started using a colorful lineup of devices a long time ago.. But Apple fans are probably going to think it was all Apples idea... Pathetic.
27. TishTash (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
And Nokia copied Apple's colorful lineup of iMacs and iBooks. What's your point? That your myopia is the most pathetic of all?
6. sks1969 (Posts: 35; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
They have nothing to say because it is a Cheap replacement for iphone 5. They will say a lot about the iphone 5S so that you buy 5S instead of the cheap. Apple observed a trend of customers waiting for a price drop on the older model after the new iphone is released hence they introduced a cheap iphone. The fruit company is getting greedier year after year.
16. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Now that is an ad making hunger for more, don't you agree? Tasty!
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 678; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, and that they are blatantly copying Nokia.
28. TishTash (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Again, genius, Nokia copied Apple's iMac and iBook lineup from back to 1999. History precedes your being born yesterday.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why do you keep saying that, when the entire world and a few Martians already know that? The phone isn't "plasticky" looking, that would mean it resembles plastic. The phone actually is plastic. Einstein...
8. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Am I blind or something? But I can not see anymore on the tech blogs or other iMedia the term: "cheap glossy plastic". And this glossy plastic is all over every day in hundreds of articles flooding all the news.
The Miracle is done. Only some Magic can do it. Right?
9. JunkCreek (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
This is no miracle or magic or spell, this is a wonder...
17. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
The is no magic going on here. The media has only recognized that the iPhone 5C is a high quality phone whose colors are beautifully bright. Plastic does not necessarily mean that a product is cheap or even looks cheap. It depends on how you implement it. Apple did a great job on the iPhone 5C.
10. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Hey there were words!!! SHE WAS SINGING...
11. Slammer (Posts: 679; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
So this ad completely shows a substantial use of plastic being formed to create the body of the new iPhone 5c. So now plastic is cool again?
Imagine that. I've used plastic phones for over 28 years without any issues. WTF?
13. good2great (Posts: 952; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its like apple is making plastic a symbol for color coolness.
gotta admit the video was pretty cool
12. shy2papa (Posts: 180; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Sorry the name still remains IPhone 5Cheap
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh sure even with plastic, the same "When Apple does it, they do it right" still applies...Bunch of hypocrites.
18. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Perfect commercial. Everyone knows what an iPhone is but this shows people something new. Great example of less being more.
21. DaHarder (Posts: 126; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
What's so 'new'?
Same old SoC, Display Size, Sub-720p Display Resolution, Feature Set, et al as the iPhone 5 (2012), just with a Plastic Case offered in an array of colors that mimic those of cheap, disgusting CROC sandals that currently litter nearly every Big Lots bargain bin.
This iPhone 5 (2012) is a lot of things, but 'new' is not even close to being one of them.
29. TishTash (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
"How big is that bug, DeHarder?"
"How big is that bug up your rectal vault?"
20. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iPhone 5C: The phone you wanted 2 years ago...today
22. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 114; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
When did Nickelodeon start making phones? They look like they are made from Gak. :-p
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 678; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That's what happens when you copy others.. At least Nokias colors are full, deep, and saturated...
30. TishTash (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
And filling up landfills by the second as Nokia continues its financial death spiral, hastened by Microsoft's very acquisition of same, inadvertently increasing its dead weight, pulling it ever faster into the abyss that is the Symbian OS.
26. jshan (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
No they don't going to think any of that instead of buying em ad njoy em .. :)