First Vivo Xplay 3S batch released: Quad HD screen, camera samples and battery life get a review
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 05:54 posted on
Vivo unveiled the first phone with a Quad HD (1440x2560 pixels) display, to much fanfare not long ago, and the Xplay 3S is now gradually trickling down to early reviewers. Priced at $660, the handset has been thoroughly examined by a Chinese tech blog, with somewhat unsurprising results...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chunky1x (Posts: 261; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I did saw a LG OLED curve display tv with 4k video playing(the scene was a cityscape) and unless your gonna watch it less than a meter, your not be able to spot the difference from full hd. That is a big ass TV by the way. Just saying.
2. Ashoaib (Posts: 2429; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Thanks God they finally released it, I was thinking of another postponed... its a beautiful phone, rivaling the design of Htc one... I will surely buy it when it will be available in quantities...
5. Ashoaib (Posts: 2429; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Gizchina states that first batch of released was only 1000 units.... it is quite ironic that vivo only released 1000 phones? thats nothing compared to other manufacturers... vivo should hurry up n capitalize on 3s hype otherwise once the dust will settle down, it will become difficult to sell in huge numbers and I dont want such beautiful n elegant looking phone to get hidden in corner like what happen to Acer liquid S2... other manufacturers have already announced great phones in MWC, leaving consumers with more choices...
13. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Really dude .. but that tv is 'awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' !! :O :O
That city landscape video beautifully done :D
just 4.3mm thick i was just amazed and out of the word by seeing that tv.
a bit of tears came to me by seeing that kind of a tech .
LG just rocks with their worlds first CURVED OLED :D :D
16. chunky1x (Posts: 261; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
TV was great. Great performer but 4k is kind of meh. Still gonna buy that TV if I win the lottery.
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2429; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
3. AfterShock (Posts: 2982; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Nice piece of kit.
I'd rock that over a Sammy.
Fan boys be damned.
19. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'd rock the S3 over the Xperia Z2, no joke. Samsung may be predictable but Sony have offered very little change over the Z1 from the Z2. Sorry, but both the Z2 and S5 suck.
4. josephnero (Posts: 325; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I prefer FHD screen with better color production and lower power usage to QHD screen without proper SOC to run butter smooth anyday.
for me SD805 is minimum for QHD screen
11. aksa123 (Posts: 232; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
I'm not impressed at all by those pics.
6. ScottSchneider (Posts: 323; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
The screen is so big it could have had the on-screen buttons...
7. toink (unregistered)
That's why the LG G Pro 2 trumps this.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2429; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Your comment sounds like a dosh bag to me... lg is already an established brand, for sure lg will trump it regardless of how good G pro2 is or not... be fair and compare gpro2 with note 3 then you'll see how lg sucks...
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 2429; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Onscreen buttons eat precious screen space and make the display smaller... I dont like onscreen buttons at all
8. mas39 (Posts: 63; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It probably won't even get released in europe/UK which is a shame.
9. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
the display will kill the battery despite its 3200mAh battery..
10. xfire99 (Posts: 570; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Dont think I can afford Historys most expensive phone: 429897996366937,152 kr (chosen Sweden currency, same with others).
Thats alot of digits. >_>
hmm..15 digits = Quadrillion?
17. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
looks like n3 body wit iphone interface