First Tizen tablet demoed, will come with a 10.1-inch, Full HD display
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 09:54 posted on
Tizen has been a frequent reminder that despite the seemingly-monolithic hold of the mobile space between Apple's iOS and Google's Android, there are those who seek to disrupt the duopoly. Of course, there's also Windows Phone, however, much everything else is held in disrepute. The team behind the Tizen OS appear intent on changing that, and if anything – it's got just the right kind of allies that can make that happen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1960; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
looks like a ipad, sideways? and looks laggy
5. lpratas (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Laggy your horns!! All is made by or for Samsung, for HTC, Sony, Nokia and Apple fanboys it's laggy! You don't like it is that a country like South Korea have companies that compete directly with Japanese, American, specially and european, in this case Nokia, giants of the technology. You have envy and frustration. You don't see that is a prototype?
7. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 398; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Calm down boy, here's a cookie. Now sthp
12. lpratas (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Shut up kid, you only have 16 years old. I'm almost 40. I could be your father.
2. Diego! (Posts: 507; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Geez... at this stage, they should already have a more advanced version running it... this lags A LOT! And sometimes it doesn't even respond. I know it's a prototype, but still!
10. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I guess you don't know the order of developing. You first want to get all the basic features working entirely and make sure nothing crashes. THEN you do the optimizing and make everything silky smooth. They're still constructing the skeleton and muscles. The skin comes last.
4. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
The nexus 10 still out-specs it. Until something can outspec the nexus 10, i wont be intrested in anything else
16. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I'm waiting for the new Transformer, same screen, Tegra 4 and microSD, and keyboard. Expensive, but worth it. The Tizen tablet shown here will hopefully be optimized soon enough and might be a good competitor, but the specs are a year behind so you can't expect too much
19. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
What's the difference? If it catches on, Apple will always find something to sue over. They invented everything, remember???
9. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
So, anyone seen those fake iPhones from China? Yeah, this is like that; terrible software and similar hardware.
14. Andrewtst (Posts: 333; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Such prototype better don't show, Tizen already give bad impression, this prototype just add-on more negative effect on Tizen.
17. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Let give those guys a good advice i know their goal is to match ios and android but at this rate unless a miracle happens i don't think they will even close to WP's level better get a lot smoother, faster i really think tizen has some potential and chances of competing against the greatest. PS (I know my first point sounds negative)
18. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Samsung should not even show this. It's really hurting the OS chances before its even officially released prototype or not.