First Sony Xperia Z3 camera samples are here
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2014, 14:17 posted on
We managed to snap a few busy shots at the showfloor of the IFA expo in Berlin with none other than the newly-announced Sony Xperia Z3. At first brush, Sony's newest flagship sports the same 20.7 MP Exmor sensor with 1.12 micron pixels as its predecessor, the Z2, but Sony touted that the kit now has the newer generation G Lens optics, and other improvements under the hood, such as being the first flagship that can boast up to 12800 ISO sensitivity in night mode...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Busyboy (unregistered)
Lol I thought the camera was improved
16. techperson211 (Posts: 1006; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
This is not yet the official handset. I think the final production will be the one to check.
2. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
this is really bad it looks like 5mp camera.
3. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
As a Z2 owner... I am disappointed at those sample pictures. It doesn't even produce the same quality as the Z2 does. Improvement fail....
12. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
And you guys are comparing it to?
How can you guys talk about how bad or good it is if you have no standard to compare it to, my guess is the several different light sources shining on the same space is what is causing this, even a good camera would struggle with multiple light sources of different intensities.
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Theirs some kind of bad joke being played against Sony....how in the world is Sony able to provide camera Len's for apple and Samsung, which both have excellent camera quality.....but yet not be able to TRUMP them when it comes to their own camera and phones???
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10091; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is what I never seem to figure out. If Apple and Samsung can work the software better than they can, they need to go back to square one.
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because Samsung and Apple are not protecting lucrative camera businesses.
Sony wants you to buy a smartphone and a camera whereas Apple and Samsung are happy if you buy one device.
Samsung does have a camera business, but they seem to be more okay cannibalizing themselves, if that is what the market wants.
6. Kakarotto (Posts: 234; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
lol my S2 makes better photos, even despite that pink spot in the center hahaha xD
7. f35hunter (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
cannot wait until release to see the comparing it with the other smartphones
8. sprockkets (Posts: 1601; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I looked at the image data. This is an 8.3MP shot, basically 8MP. ISO250, no flash used.
Without another reference shot you can't judge at all how well it did.
That being said, it doesn't look great. But I doubt Sony went backwards with it.
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Yes its said that these arent the final software.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10091; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Check the Note 4's camera samples. They're beyond beautiful.
20. sergiobr (Posts: 621; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Not so much Papa. In my opinion nothing betas Nokia (and I´m a Samsung Note 3 heavy user, but I still keep my 808 pureview)
13. f35hunter (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
it will come to t-mobile
14. twens (Posts: 855; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Hahaha! Poor sony, the note 4 will eat you for breakfast. Lol
15. anleoflippy (Posts: 568; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Comparing first Xperia Z2 camera samples with this, I say the Z3 is definitely better.
That being said, I expected more.
18. sinple (Posts: 128; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
owing so many xperia phone, I am not surprise about the camera quality. Its only good in places with lots of sunlight. I nv seen any xperia phone taking decent shots in such conditions
19. PhotoPixel (Posts: 27; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
So noisily, with overexposed photos((( It's Sony details! PS. make believe SONY. xD
21. TMach (Posts: 439; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
This are non final software samples! Fairly self explanatory, anyone with half a brain would recognise that it is unlikely the camera would be worse than earlier iterations of the same camera. The Z3 is an improvement over the Z2 in every way but not a major leap.
The phone looks beautiful, sleeker, lighter, better finish (hard to believe), thinner. Ho hum haters are always gonna hate. Personally, I want the Nexus 6/Shamu or whatever, mainly because of software updates/pure Android etc but seriously thinking of getting this phone in Black as an alternative to my LG G3.