First Sony Xperia Z1S image surfaces: fully powered 'mini'
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2013, 02:38 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z1S is rumored to be the first ‘mini’ Android handset to actually feature maxi hardware and now we get to see it in the flesh for the first time…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
25. amansingal14 (Posts: 277; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
and bigger size due to larger screen too.
26. tech2 (Posts: 1317; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
My point is, bigger battery affects 'phone size' not 'display size'.
They could've still reduce the bezels (without reducing the phone size) which would've yielded more screen estate and there wouldn't be a need to reduce the size of the battery !
34. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Lol You must be a very uneducated, maybe you can explain why S4 Active and Optimus GJ has a larger bezels than S4 and Optimus G.
If you think there is other manufacturer that can do better than Sony please show me any waterproof phone (IP57/IP67/IP58) with “SMALLER” bezels and same “SPECS” than this phone
X Z1 (144.4 x 73.9 mm )
X UL (135 x 71 mm)
X Z (139 x 71 mm)
ZR (131.3 x 67.3 mm)
X Z1f (127 x 65 mm).
36. tech2 (Posts: 1317; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Lol........I really appal your up-bringing. Inspite of receiving a warning you fail to respect people and just by a comment you draw a conclusion they're 'uneducated'.
Anywho, in answer to your question, Galaxy S4 Active has larger bezels than its brother is partly due to it has 3 physical buttons. Even considering that, it has smaller bezels than Z1 both sides and top/bottom and yes it is certified by IP67.
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
144 x 74 x 8.5 mm
'nuff said !
37. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Just like what i said before you must sooo... uneducated thats why you can’t answer my question corectly
(please show me any waterproof phone (IP57/IP67/IP58) with “SMALLER” bezels and same “SPECS” than this phone)
S4 Active 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm ??? are you kidding me???
let me tell you the real dimension of S4 Active 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm
the reason why Z1 is bigger because Z1 has 1.2/3” camera sensor(if i’m not wrong its almost 3 times bigger than S4 Active), bigger battery 3000 mAh etc...
the size of physical button on S4 and S4 Active is about the same size so your logic doesn’t make any sense at all.
Lets do some BEZELS comparison between S4 Active, Xperia Z and Xperia UL because this 3 phones has about the same SPECS.
IP 58 Xperia UL 135 x 71 mm.
IP 57 Xperia Z 139 x 71 mm.
IP67 S4 Active 139.7 x 71.3 mm.
27. PBXtech (Posts: 625; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I thought it had to do with being waterproof. Battery size is irrelevant to bezel size.
31. GTR722 (Posts: 209; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Bezels, the last arguments of the samsungboys
32. tech2 (Posts: 1317; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Calling someone a fanboy is an easy way out of an argument isn't it ?
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1086; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Watch out iPhone 5S, your killer is on the way.
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Too right, this thing is going to kick the iPhone's butt.
33. NSRhodes (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Performance wise, yes. Hate to say it, but I feel that the iPhones sales will hardly be affected.
6. wrm2013 (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Looks big which defeats the purpose of a small screen.
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah you're right I don't see the camera shutter button and speaker on the
bottom side of the phone.
24. tech2 (Posts: 1317; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Whoops....... did someone delete your comment for trolling ? Anywho, next time please talk to someone in a more polite way ;)
35. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah Next time please use your brain, before saying something stupid about bezels okey ;)
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 724; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
First pic is xperia z second/ third pic Z1s. the only X-mini can battle against 5,6 inch flagships..
15. tositem (Posts: 17; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
Sony heard us! Gotta have this little monster!
16. techguyone (Posts: 91; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It's wrong, in due course you'll see it's actually a Z in a plastic case...
17. hkxm8 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Check it again PA, SonyViet just update their post.
18. hkxm8 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Check it again PA, SonyViet just update their post.
19. hkxm8 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Check it again PA, SonyViet just updated their post.
20. hkxm8 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Oops, i'm sorry for the three post. My connection got lag, very sorry .
22. indiandragon (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Sony is building good smartphones now, but bad update cycle makes it less desirable for the customers who like to take advantage of latest features available in upcoming Android upgrades.
28. PBXtech (Posts: 625; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Kudos to Sony for reminding everyone that smaller phones can still be high end.
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And not everyone don't want to spend a lot of money on a high end phone.