First Samsung Galaxy S5 ad debuts during Oscar telecast
0. phoneArena 02 Mar 2014, 21:06 posted on
With Samsung a major sponsor of the Academy Awards telecast that was broadcast Sunday night, the Korean manufacturer debuted its first ad for the Samsung Galaxy S5. With closeup images of the phone, words superimposed on the screen say "Every year we celebrate the biggest and the brightest, the smartest and most innovative. The 5.1" full HD Samsung Galaxy S5 with built-in heart rate monitor. The Next Big Thing is Here. April 2014"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I Don't think S5 can nominated for Oscar this year.
43. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The most innovative my ass
47. MrTzr (unregistered)
It's very innovative, it has a heart rate monitor! So you can check if you are having a heart attack or something like that -__-
49. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Iphone put its ad last year now it's the NOTE III turn with its most tweeted pic by Ellen
8. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
HTC M8 just killed the samsung s5 very bad
10. JMartin22 (Posts: 1969; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Um... yeaaaaah, whatever floats your boat
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You forgot imo at the end of your sentence.
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Can I just ask what the m8 added or improved the s5 doesn't have.. Won't argue with you that the m8 looks better.
34. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Not true..it's all about marketing to mainstream... and Sammy just won that round
3. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 44; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
And the award for the most over-hyped phone goes toooo.....
4. nctx77 (Posts: 1971; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
And if you want to try it out now, go check out the galaxy S4 at Walmart.
6. baldilocks (Posts: 746; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I bet 1% of people even care about a heart rate monitor on a phone. Very bad marketing point.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I bet you more than 70% reacted and said "wow" and got their attention though.
36. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Instead, they should have said that it's waterproof and has a fingerprint sensor. That would appeal to a whole lot more people.
7. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Nothing new, Samsung has been sponsering the Oscars for years now.
37. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Still too expensive.
9. JMartin22 (Posts: 1969; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Hey out of touch tech site and blog minority users; they're harking on the notion that the look has been more "modernization" because it's building upon what their internal marketing division has researched and proven to work as far as sales and perceptions of the flagship signature design. Samsung did everything right with this device that they didn't with the S4.
Their one mistake I think is the heart rate monitor hardware in the phone. They should have just omitted that for a dual flash for better LED exposure and left the fitness related tech to the wearables. You're honestly not going to run down the street with the phone crouched in your hand. It's not practical or necessary
45. wando77 (Posts: 843; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I have a few mates that always talk about the heart rate at rest as well as during excercise
11. newbey123 (Posts: 581; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Dear lord that thing is hideous. The M8 kicks the crap out of this.
17. MEeee (Posts: 352; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Too bad it will still sell 10 times more than the M8.
50. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same sentence year after year haha.
21. newbey123 (Posts: 581; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
LOL, I doubt people in RS5 care that the corolla outsold their car. To each their own. Enjoy your sammy. I will give my money to the better product, the M8.
27. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If you give your money to HTC then you wouldn't be giving your money to the better product. HTC sucks. My friend HTC One doesn't read her SIM card sometimes for an hour or so. That is HTC clearance quality for you. They are much more forgiving during product inspections and it shows.
30. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Your analogy makes no sense considering the S4 was priced similarly or even more than the One.
40. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
HTC fans don't really think things through before they scream something out. That analogy is so flawed that a elementary school teacher wouldn't accept it let alone a university professor.
38. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Assuming the M8 will have almost the same specs as the S5, how is it gonna be better, aesthetic aside? And btw flawed comparison!
41. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
the s5 is a nothing but s4 with bigger bezels and Band - Aid on the back. the HTC M8 has many new features and improvements and better design and new technology the s5 has nothing new only Band - Aid on the back.
42. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I agree that the new One will be great, I'm getting one as well, but to say the S5 has nothing new is very false.
12. nctx77 (Posts: 1971; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
People watching the Oscars be like, " why do I need a heart monitor" lol!
29. MEeee (Posts: 352; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Haters must be hurting because only Samsung can do these kinds of sponsors and ads.
31. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Be careful, you might make Mube007 cry.
16. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not a fan of the phone but that ad was pretty good actually. Made the phone look pretty cool actually.
20. toink (unregistered)
Thanks to the S5, the Z2 & M8 might have better sales.
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't sweat on it. I've heard this for the past three years, and Samsung sells more Galaxy S _ in one quarter than HTC and Sony sells with their flagship all year. Thanks for the laugh though.
25. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Maybe, though the same was said last year too. I do think they can get more sales but whether it will be from Samsungs current market share or just from the smartphone market increasing in general.
26. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
And the samsung haters swarm from the cracks.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They came out since MWC started. Where have you been?
32. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I can't wait till they cry when the S5 outsells their brands.
44. twens (Posts: 978; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Am just waiting for a comparison between this so called M8, z2& G3. I have no doubt the 5s will smoke them all in performance, camera and features. That's what most galaxy buyers go for. And Sammy never disappoints. Have you ever tried a note 3??? It's like it's from the future
46. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 474; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Much as I don't buy skin phones, Samsung destroys HTC