First Nvidia Tegra Note teasers appear, showcase the tablet that wants to disrupt the industry
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2013, 02:59 posted on
The story of the Nvidia Tegra Note started back in August for us, when the first pieces of information on a duo of Nvidia tablets surfaced on the web. We never heard more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
We can all do this on note 3 & note 10.1 2013.
12. silencer271 (Posts: 246; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
the power of the tegra 4 doesnt?!!? okay..
18. Dr.Phil (Posts: 952; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
There are two main points worth considering:
1. The Galaxy Note 10.1 costs $520 on Amazon. That is $320 more than what this tablet is supposed to be worth. While that may not seem like a big deal to you, for a lot of people that is something worth considering.
2. This tablet is running an almost stock version of an Android build. There are people, such as myself, that find TouchWiz to be overbearing and sometimes can bog down the performance of the device (look at the reviews of the new Galaxy Note 10.1 and you'll find reviewers that noted TouchWiz as bogging down some of the performance of tablet).
Some other points worth considering:
-This device has dual front-facing speakers which may or may not give the user a different audio experience than the dual side facing speakers of the Note 10.1.
-The stylus is different on the two devices with this one offering a thin side and a thick side for you to choose your strokes. This is of course different from Samsung's S-Pen that allows different strokes to happen based upon pressure sensitivity. There are going to be people out there that will like one over the other based upon personal preferences.
Not saying what you should or should not buy, but rather just pointing out that there are some notable differences that may swing buyers one way or the other.
4. Astro551 (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
So what's so special about this stylus? Is there an active digitizer? Seems just to be a normal capacitive one. Although the bundled software isn't bad I guess. Is there palm rejection?
Obviously Note series can do this already, their stylus stuff is quite refined and impressive (a la air command) but not at the most attractive price point. Depends on your usage I guess. Also love how we're coming back to the stylus after going away from it. Good move though I think, definitely allows for more productivity, with both touch and pen.
7. renz4 (Posts: 293; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
the stylus is just regular capacitive one but the main highlight was nvidia tech called DirectStylus that comes with Tegra 4
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yesss... Bring it on... Starting price is very good.
13. NexusX (Posts: 220; Member since: 16 May 2013)
720p on a tablet? it would be 2014 by the time this sees the light
14. renz4 (Posts: 293; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
the price certainly reflect the choice of resolution. if i'm not mistaken the tablet already available in china market since last month. the tablet got launch in UK as under Advent Vega brand last week
16. kassi (Posts: 90; Member since: 25 May 2013)
this is by far the fastest response time i have ever seen on an android device
17. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
great looking tablet would of been great to have a nice collection keyboard dock ready have some accessories out with this tablet thx T4 nice work. Still waiting for ZTE Geek or any T4 devices.