First Moto G commercial released on YouTube
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2013, 14:34 posted on
Motorola has officially announced the Moto G, and has even released the device in a number of countries today. The device isn't going to wow anyone looking for a high-end device, but it should be quite an interesting option for those in the market for an inexpensive device. And, Motorola has also released the first commercial for the new phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Genersis (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Just waiting on camera samples, a few performance tests, and info on what size SIM cards it takes before adding it to my Christmas list.
While I do prefer the HTC One mini overall, price is important to me, and the One Mini just isn't well priced.(in the UK anyway)
Especially compared to the Moto G(which is unusually cheap)
2. SupermanayrB (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Hopefully the camera is better than when the Moto X launched. I'm gonna assume that it's coming with a nano SIM card.
19. Jommick (Posts: 214; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Wouldn't make sense if it's supposed to be launched internationally - there isn't a wide range of international support for prepaid nano Sim cards just yet. It'd certainly be cool though
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3767; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i can say few words to moto: Impressive device with great price tag.
7. Looser99 (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
I was thinking the same. Camera samples and performance tests are important before i spend my money on this phone as i am a student...
17. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
It's a 200 dollar phone. You get what you pay for.
3. taikucing (unregistered)
I hope this phone comes to my country. I'm sick of sh*tty samsung low end phones & chinese phones with mediatek crap.
6. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
5. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
This looks like a pretty solid phone at a pretty reasonable price. I really enjoyed the commercial as well.
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The commercial was pretty awesome. I like it. I think the Moto G will be a pretty big hit all around. And yes, if I were in the market for a cheap smartphone this would definitely be top among my choices.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9710; Member since: 14 May 2012)
At $199 off-contract, this thing will sell like hotcakes. Not mad Moto, not bad.
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
They should have had the device in stock by December, imagine all the people buying it unlocked as a gift for their kids
11. SoyNumeroCinco (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Does this have capacitive buttons? or on screen ones?
I would say On screen as Google dont like capacitive anymore, so the 4.5 screen would have less space to use.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9710; Member since: 14 May 2012)
On screen. Moto hasn't released any mid range or flagships with capacitive buttons since last year I believe.
12. madmikepr (Posts: 135; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
thanks to motorola now the Pre-Paid carriers would have good spec phone and cheap
kudos Motorola :)
16. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I Have found myself a holiday gift for my little brother
18. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Argh always something though. Even given the price point why do they have to make it so much thicker and bulky. Anything above 10mm range in thickness is just to thick at least to me. Besides the ppi being slightly better on this too. Dont see much difference in it & current LG F6 im using. Was hoping for bit more..