First HTC Droid DNA promo video surfaces, touts "The Ultimate Smartphone"
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2012, 11:19 posted on
HTC put everything it is capable of, and it is not little, into the latest surprise for the year, its Droid DNA behemoth just announced as a Verizon exclusive. The phone's main selling point is its large 5" edge-to-edge screen with Full HD resolution, the first of its kind with 440ppi pixel density, which should be a sight to behold...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 368; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Galaxy S3 killer but not Galaxy note 2.Galaxy S4 will definitely kill this one in next year.
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
No the GS4 wont
13. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
That's where you are wrong, my dear.
In fact, that promo should say 'the ultimate smartphone, for now'
16. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
In software, I will say "Yes" because Samsung will just get this point toward. About the display, "No" because Super AMOLED display can't get 1080p resolution yet, although there's rumor about it.
6. abdane (Posts: 491; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
okay i love samsung and the Galaxy line both S and notes ! but come on ! this phone is amazing ! although its not a phablet... so shouldnt be compared to GNote 2, specs wise it beats both GS3 and GNote 2, but for sure GS IV will be better, same thing GS2 vs htc sensation, and GS3 vs One X ! now droid DNA vs GS IV samsung will win once again, but still this is the BEAST !!!
12. lsutigers (Posts: 816; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
This phone is a BEAST!!! I may have to keep my Verizon plan a little longer and get this...
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The one x is better than the GS3
17. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
hahahahaha your comment make me laugh really damn hard.
3. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Battery size killed this phone, unless they are planning a Maxx version using Motorola's battery tech. All Droids will come in two flavors, regular and super sized battery. That would interesting if VZW actually started doing something like that, because such a beastly phone with such a small battery and low entry price makes you think there is another phone incoming with much larger battery size.
2020mAh battery with a 1080p screen I don't see how this thing can last 5 hours of mixed usage especially with such a large screen. When will PA get their hands on this thing to put it through it's paces?
4. McLTE (Posts: 758; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
not a bad strategy really.. I would just like to see Verizon/companies TELL the public that the Maxx phone is coming.. so they can make a choice between $199 for the smaller battery now, or wait a little and get the bigger battery for presumably a bit more.
Having said that.. I HOPE HOPE HOPE in the near future HTC comes up with some kind of new design.. this phone to me looks just like my wife's 3yr old Incredible.. and Rezound.. and...
They all look the same!
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm digging this promo video, it's the way Droid Marketing should be. it gives me tingles. c:
8. lallolu (Posts: 363; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
The only fault is the internalstorage and lack of microsd
9. skymitch89 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
What good is a "promo video" if it tells nothing about a device except the name of the device, what carrier it's on, and the manufacturer? I say this was a waste of money, in a way, and time.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is the teaser promo. Verizon and HTC also released a promo video that talks specs.
11. jwl3429 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Sep 2009)
batter life and htc sense will kill this, such a shame how can they expect a 2000 mah battery to work with a 5inch 1080p phone