First BlackBerry Thunder OS pictures

Posted: , by Brian K.

First BlackBerry Thunder OS pictures
BlackBerry Sync has posted the first pictures of the BlackBerry Thunder in action. From the looks of things, there will be a strong media focus on the all-touchscreen device, and the interface is looking good. They note that it will run a carrier (Verizon) music store so there's a strong possibility it won't end up looking like this. Either way, the Thunder seems to be progressing along quite nicely.

BlackBerry Thunder Preliminary Specifications

source: BlackBerry Sync via Gizmodo
First BlackBerry Thunder OS pictures
First BlackBerry Thunder OS pictures

Can't wait until this phone comes out...GO VZW!!

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:11

I have so many questions about this phone! Does it support multi touch recognition? Exceleromiter? Electronic cumpase? Well I guess I only had three questions.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 15:01

multi touch was patent by apple. Jobs said that in his Key note

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 15:46

yeah Apple patented the gestures, you cannot patent the act of recognizing more than one touch

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 17:37

microsoft has had multi-touch hi def tables and media centers for years. LOOK IT UP!!! but comment 24 is right, they can patent their multi-touch guestures all they want. Nokia is also working on multi "touch" that is more like a sensor from a 2-3 in distance from the device. Let apple "patent" that technology.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 18:04

yea, i really dont think anyone would know the answers to any of your questions because these pictures just leaked

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 18:59

25. matrix2004 (unregistered)

I can confirm per Verizon insider Omie, that it does have an accelerometer. The compass and multi-touch we don't know.I've asked several times and he hasn't commented either way. Sounds like good news.

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 00:28

35. EN (unregistered)

That sounds pretty stupid. who woiuld want to use their phone a few inches away from the actual screen.

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 10:43

42. vzwemp (unregistered)

what else can you pretend to confirm? i work for vzw, the only info we have on it, is what we r getting from the spy sites just like the rest of you.. just confirmed, 3d holographic immaging, ala starwars!!

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 19:57

49. matrix2004 (unregistered)

Pretend? What in the world are you talking about? The Thunder has an accelerometer!

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 12:43

thats not completely true... HP is coming out w/ a touch screen labtop that incorporates multi-touch cuz they paid apple a buttload of $ for some of the rights to it.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 03:34

56. amerind2007 (unregistered)

yeah ur right ms does have their multi touch tech on their surface tables which i think are really cool.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 03:35

57. amerind2007 (unregistered)

when your on the phone and calling someone to conserve battery which usually stays on with regular phones it detects whether to turn off the back light or not

posted on 07 Aug 2008, 11:40

lol

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:16

this phone is going to be sickkkkkkkk

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:19

4. face (unregistered)

"Live pictures"? Are you drunk!? The only images of this device that have appeared anywhere on the internet have been CG renders, and not very detailed renders at that.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:27

5. MOvzwrep (unregistered)

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE FOUND MY NEXT PHONE! :D

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 15:14

you have no money

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:32

BIG question: does this have a camera? i doubt it......

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:36

Yes it will have a 2.0 mp camera

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:42

It does have a Camera, BGR reported this with the original picture that shows the Side Key/Camera Key http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/BlackBerry-Thunder-gets-pictured-article-a_2871.html

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:24

11. DeeBee (unregistered)

WTH, only 2 MP, this is so low for such high-end device... i wish i was born in europe :(

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:36

15. C-Chickie (unregistered)

Well look at The Curve and The Pearl: The Pearl's camera is 2MP The Curve's camera is only 1.3MP.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:41

correction the curve has a 2.0

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 15:38

Verizon Wireless' Curve is 2.0

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 21:16

i havent seen any sources saying its 2mp where did you come up with that?

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 07:47

38. retard (unregistered)

look it up on the website hater, vZW is the BIG BOY now, go back to your little sandbox ....2 mp camera camcorder flash

posted on 07 Aug 2008, 11:55

No, there both 2.0MP

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:43

9. jrcrow (unregistered)

lol!..yah GO Verizon!...umm..wait..here is an IV drip to my wallett!..YAY!!!

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:52

10. C-Chickie (unregistered)

SO selling my ability to have children for this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know there are enough exclaimation points to express my joy

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 03:07

Vasectomy FTW!

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:28

if it doesnt have Wi fi i dont want it lol jk it is definitely between this sexy beast or the sexy HTC Diamond ooooooo only casue of the 3d Touchflo look flawless and it has a 3.2MP camera and internal 4gb.....this right here will definitely KICK all the Apple fan boys to the curb

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:31

When is it available?

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:34

14. C-Chickie (unregistered)

3rd Quarter this year

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 15:27

Fakes, 100% on all of them. Image stolen from the fake released by BoyGeniusReport and images pasted. Notice the seemingly large glare in the bottom of the screen? Now check out yours:http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/showimage.php?m=Articles.Images&f=name&id=17349&v= Firstly notice the same exact glare. Ok, so it's a glare, nothing big, right? Check out the side shot:http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/showimage.php?m=Articles.Images&f=name&id=17348&v= Same exact glare, but the phones in a different position? How is that possible? It isn't. Sorry Jrappy, that's called Debunking an image. To explain it a little, glare (as we all know) is caused by light reflecting off of a surface. Depending on the angle of the phone, will determine the shape of glare, and amount of glare. However, having a phone with the SAME EXACT glare in 2 positions is impossible. All they did was a simple rotation of canvas in photoshop, and pasted some images over BGR's images.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 15:46

You mean that blue circle at the bottom of the screen? Uhm yea, thats a gradient in the menu design... not a glare. Besides, every photo released by a manufacture has the screen photoshopped in.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 16:01

no, hes talking about the "light reflection" that can be seen at the top left and bottom right, which follow the curves of the phone the problem with his argument is that, as always, these are just cgi renderings. its not fake, its just not an actual flesh and blood unit. look at other rim leaks, such as the kickstart, and youll see the exact same thing

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 09:38

Although it would take moving the light source, it's far from impossible to have the same reflection from different angles.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 20:29

I cant wait :)

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 20:32

This sounds bad, when was the estimated date for release? was it around 3q 2008?

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 22:01

29. matrix2004 (unregistered)

Here's the first indication that the Thunder has RIM's patented multi-touch. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/thunder-release-august-42775/index2.html#post467615

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 22:11

finally. waited for a blackberry that uses vcast music. OTA downloads.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:02

31. OOSOSSOSO (unregistered)

firstly, the device will have a 3.2MP camera, and it won't have a Vcast music store download app, it will have its own software for a music download through another company not verizon, and for all the retards out there, NO NO and NO verizon is not going to cripple the GPS on here that you will probably not even use anyway, you just wanted to throw your 2cents in because you read it in an article once..

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:12

some actually useful news, thank you very much

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:32

Interesting... By other company are you refering to the new raphsody partnership. That sounds like its going to cement the deal for me. I'd been debating about the dare but when I realized I still have another month to go I figured I might just wait for this. Sounds like it will be a good decision.

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 00:14

This is going to be a Verizon/Vodaphone Blackberry, they will probably make it the same for both carriers and make apps available for each. Verizon with VZ Nav and Rhapsody Music and whatever Voda partners with, but I doubt they will lock it down like BT profiles or GPS. BB Media Sync seems to show up with iTunes syncing cabilities. Probably because VCast video and Rhapsody Music doesn't give you a downloadable movie store. So unless a new partnership with a movie/tv show download store comes up with BB, Verizon, or Vodaphone I think they may just package it with iTunes syncing.

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 02:18

36. Need New Phone (unregistered)

My contract's been over since January, the wait better be worth it...

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 08:33

39. Messiah (unregistered)

am i the only one that noticed that is seems to be using the SPRINT music store??

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 10:41

how do you know? If you are talking about at the top of the screen, that says spirit. So unless you know something we don't, it probably is the blackberry media player.

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 10:56

No, it says SPIRIT, which is the name of the album that its playing

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 11:08

the name of the artist is S P I R I T haha i made the same mistake thinking it said Sprint

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 13:28

45. VZW insider (unregistered)

I can not believe there are still dopes stuck on the i-phone?... LOL i-phone = better? How so? In what way? Times change, the i-phone was and still is a really "neat" device, its obsolete now, get over it... seriously~! You just make yourself sound like one of those fools who drive around with a bumper sticker that says Elvis is alive! ha ha ha.... So take your i-phone, and your myths about Elvis, and tupac, and kick rocks! Game over... i-phone = Has been, Thunder = bomb A55 phone!!

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 13:56

nobody likes you

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 19:00

i agree number 53

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 15:29

47. VZW Employee (unregistered)

Can't wait for this phone to be released. I think I might actually sign up for a Verizon Employee plan once this phone comes out lOl... I'm currently still using T-Mobile because my fiance pays for it.

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 17:43

54. VZW (unregistered)

Way to support the company you work for. I bet you walk around at work with your T-Mobile phone in your pocket and even bring it out to check texts while your working. You should be fired. I myself support the company that makes me a living. 5 employee phones. 1 business phone and an IQ phone. Count them up! Of course my family uses the ones I dont. it really upsets me when people do things like this and talk about how the I-Phone is the greatest. And these people work for VZW!!!! I dont walk around America claiming that I want to be communist and that China is the best country in the world. No!

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 19:25

so what if that guy has tmobile and works for verizon who gives a shit. I seen other people doing the same thing I went to a sprint store and everybody that work there had at&t cell phones. Nobody wants a verizon cell phone because they all suck and your network it crap

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 09:39

58. Krystle (unregistered)

It is very clear that you know nothing about verizon, its network or its phones. I work for a wireless company too and I do think it is not proper to pull a phone out that is from another provider when you are work. If I go into a sprint store and everyone has ATT, what is going to make me want to buy there when they are obviously saying that they do not like there own network?! Think things through before you try to make someone look stupid. P.S. My guess is you have T-Mobile too from the way you said that and everyone knows that the only reason they are still in business is because there plans are cheap just like there service.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 21:40

No Krystel I have At&t because a verizon phone will not work in my house

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 08:36

50. Sharky (Posts: 94; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)

That is one sexy phone.