First Apple iPhone 5 orders leaving China now
AppleInsider obtained a screenshot of a delivery update for UPS which shows that a pre-ordered Apple iPhone 5 left ZhengZhou, China on Sunday and is expected to arrive at its destination on Friday, September 21st. If you go to Apple's website, your order will still read "preparing for shipment" But if you take a reference number, like a cellphone number used when placing the pre-order, and use it to track the shipment, you should see that it has already started its journey.
Even though the phones are already on the move, only a small number of pre-orders arrive at their destination early. Most will arrive at your front door right on launch day.
1. khurram87 (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
An Apple fan walks into a bar.... Orders the same drink as yesterday, but pays more =)) =))
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hahahahaha...........well we know he didnt order wine because its "not" gettin better with time!
I joke i joke why you no like joke? you no know joke when you hear joke?
5. lsguntu (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Come on .. is this a news? Whats next ? iPhone farted?
7. whysoserious (Posts: 316; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
10-12 hours from now, we'll be seeing news from PA saying iPhone shipment will set its first big step in the US.
"One small step for Apple, one giant leap for sheepkind."
16. -box- (Posts: 3746; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Might be a shock for some iphoners that their precious device is made in China, so it's vaguely interesting.
I hope they get stopped at customs, like the OneX and EVO LTE
6. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Made out of the blood and sweat of chinese workers by paying penny's to them so that apple could add few more billions into their cash pile:-(
8. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
They posted this similar article when the galaxy s 3 shipped out...
Let me guess, it's only news when it's about android???
11. E.N. (Posts: 2236; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
At the end of the day, just remember that this site is filled with complete idiots who're convinced they're incredible smart just because of the phone they have in their hands. Always keep in mind the people you're dealing with on this site, lol.
14. iphoneisthebest79 (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
E.N. put your comment in 5.7" screen so that Samsuck fan can read it lolllll
13. whysoserious (Posts: 316; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I didn't see any news from PA that is similar to this one. Correct me if i'm wrong and please share the link of a PA news that says "s3 leaving S. Korea now" or anything similar to that.
Until you can do so, your argument is invalid.
17. E.N. (Posts: 2236; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
iPhone 5 now leaving China = iPhone 5 is now shipping.
Samsung Galaxy SIII now shipping = Samsung Galaxy SIII now leaving Korea.
Different words, exact same meaning.
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think it's like beer, it gets bitter...cause Apple has opened the can too long.
Bye bye Apple iPeas!! Travel safe...your mother wants you to behave, so behave when you're with Uncle Sam!
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5605; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting about UPS shipment. It may be a bulk shipment to a store. Individual items being sent to consumers usually go FedEx. My neighbor per-ordered the iP4S and it was sent by FedEx. Store shipments mostly go by UPS, per past conversations with store employees I have talked to.
15. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I cannot wait for the first drop test to see one get smashed.
Should'nt be too long now before they show up youtube.