First Acer Iconia B1 previews surface
0. phoneArena 07 Jan 2013, 02:50 posted on
The Acer Iconia B1 is one of the most exciting devices we expect to see at CES not just for its specs which are rather mediocre but for its unmatched price tag…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Nexus 7 is still better than this, and why can't Acer trim the bezel around the display......... ???
2. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Not a big fan...But it looks very different and kool..
7. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
The back looks good but I think Acer is a littel too late to the party
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
This doesn't mean to compete with N7, rather it will exploit the content created for N7 and sell mostly in market where N7 is not present.
3. nard0207 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
This would be suitable for budget-minded people like me who would don't want to sacrifice performance.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1385; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
It would be great if they added a 3G module and priced it at 199 , Nexus 7 will feel the pressure even more
5. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Why compare it to apple ipad mini while we have Nexus 7, come on PhoneArena!
Nexus 7 VS Acer Iconia B1
Price $199 VS $149
16GB VS 8GB
1.2GHZ quad core VS 1.2 Double core
1GB ram VS 500MB ram
1280X800 (216PPI) Vs 1024X600 (170PPI)
Latest Android up to date 4.2 VS Android 4.1.2 and may not see the light of another update
Asus quality VS Acer
All this for just $50 more. Your choice
This Acer should be in CES 2012
10. alchemyduelist (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
just so you know, for countries with no access to devices of the play store, nexus 7 (16gb) goes for around USD 300. It may not worth anything in countries with play store devices access, but for those without, it will be a really good option for those tight on their budget. You do pay for what you get, of course a low spec-ed tablet will have a few short comings.
6. lallolu (Posts: 253; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Tab with less than 1GB RAM will be dificult to use.
11. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
in 2013 no 1 GB RAM = r u out of ur MIND !!!
12. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
not that great spend a mere 50 more and get a nexus 7.