First 1000 Xperia Z buyers at various UK retailers to get Sony's premium MDR-1R cans
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2013, 07:55 posted on
To celebrate the launch of the Xperia Z flagship in the UK, Sony is running a drool-worthy promotion at Phones 4U, Carphone Warehouse, Three, O2 and Vodafone. The first 1000 customers who order the phone from these places are getting Sony's MDR-1R Prestige cans - about two hundred British pounds in value on Amazon, and three hundred if you ask Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I want the headphones with nfc please... So that I can transfer music by touching it lol
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Give-aways to spur demand and what-not are nice, but how about a firm release date for U.S. sales? And, which carriers will be on-board for the release? I really hope it is more than AT&T and T-Mo in the U.S.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't know why Sony don't want to expand market to US... Probably don't want to be bullied by carrier I think...
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, they will have no one to blame but themselves if the Z isn't a sales success. It is well-spec'd. But if they limit themselves to AT&T and T-Mo, they are basically cutting out half of the U.S. market. They should ask the folks at Nokia how well that strategy worked for them on the L920.
4. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Sony following the footstep of HTC with Dr Dre.... If your device is good enough then you don't need this kind of promotion stuffs.... until you are giving it for your loyal customers for being your customers ...... That's sweet :) .. if not then with this your sales can't reach the sky high ..
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
don't say bullsh*ts please. this a strategy that every company must have. don't you see samsung giving free note 2 cases in US. so this is a way to grab more customers.
7. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Dont forget the free wireless charging stations. Its just stuff to sweeten the deal a bit.
11. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
this means sony is not confident to tell 1000 xperia z quickly.. lol
when is it launching any ways..?
12. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Sony knows that it will be popular, if they market it right it will be the next Galaxy s3.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I hope the u.s. gets the same deal cause i really need new pair if head phones
8. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
hahahahaha... very funny...sounded like you only really need the headphones but not the phone itself.
send the phone my way and keep the headphones, if you end up buying one, ok?
13. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Theres better headphones that cost much less than these lol. Its okay if they are free but I would never buy Sonys headphones if I had the choice of all the other companies.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
nope. i want the phone and the head phones. stop trolling
10. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
who's the troll that's red-ding everyone here, reveal yourself!
anyway, a quick math will show you that SONY is giving away a 1,000,000 GBP worth of gifts. that's alot.
16. DerryAhmad (Posts: 256; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I want this kind of deal!!
The Xperia Z itself is an amazing device. Added withe a Sony MDR-1R.. Aaaah.. Take my money, Sony!!