Firmware update greatly improves battery life of the Microsoft Surface Pro 2
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2013, 19:20 posted on
According to a report published on Saturday, a firmware update that was received by the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 has improved the battery life of the tablet; before the update, the Windows 8.1 powered tablet lasted 6.6 hours while browsing and 6.65 hours while playing video. After the update, those times improved to 8.3 hours for browsing and 7.73 hours for video...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DFranch (Posts: 141; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
That is pretty impressive considering the Surface pro 2 is a full fledged computer with a core i5 processor, and the rest are simple mobile devices.
2. bucky (Posts: 1601; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I agree. It's actually really nice in person. The price is the only thing stopping me. My lenovo x220 pretty much has it beat in every department for less.
5. bucky (Posts: 1601; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yea the form is much better but my x220 isnt exactly huge either
3. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
just needs to be a little bit cheaper, IDK I think the whole Tech industry is still too expensive. Loving the Amazon/Nexus pricing model though!
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Quad core bay trail windows 8 tablets still beat any android device and they get 12+ hours of battery life.
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1322; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Commoditizing the market seems great from an individual point of view, but it is bad for the industry in the long run. All you need to do is look at the health of OEMs in the tech business, or the nearly two decades of awful Windows beige box desktops and brick laptops. That is what happens when only one or two players makes the majority go the money.
9. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 675; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Veery impressive... Now MS is doing a good job
10. papss (unregistered)
I think it's priced right for what you get and I'm all for the better battery life for such a full featured ultra tablet. I will be purchasing one right after the first of the year.
11. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
If only it were easy to use on the lap in weird positions
12. timezone (Posts: 85; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
How do we know if we got the updated firmware? Is there a rev change?