Fired Apple keynote executive producer sues, claims Steve Jobs promised him a lifetime job
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:07
Mr Goodrich says he met one on one with Steve Jobs after he returned in 2005 from medical leave, and was promised a position with Apple perpetually, no matter what happens with his duties, which apparently SJ has the habit to do quite often for people that worked directly with him on issues...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:13 19
Wow Steve Jobs being ruthless & not keeping his word, I would have NEVER thought that. lol
3. wendygarett posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:14 24
And he failed to destroy android which he promised to lolol :)
9. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:27 7
lol That is so funny, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. LMAO!!! :-)
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:30 10
SJ even promised Google a "lifetime" icon on the iPhone for ditching Android, lolol.
16. Dj21o posted on 21 Aug 2012, 09:03 2
He should go be a keynote speaker for Google. Apple is going to get theirs, just wait.
26. POLICE (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 12:05 1
But he couldn't. He got destroyed himself.
The eye's of truth is always watching you!
31. anywherehome posted on 21 Aug 2012, 23:36 1
and he had to see how Android is great and better! :)
18. JonGarrett posted on 21 Aug 2012, 09:39 8
what's crazier than apple being sued by apple., lol.
27. downphoenix posted on 21 Aug 2012, 13:19 1
Well considering Jobs has been dead for almost a year... I think he is blameless here.
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:24 4
Hmm, I think this guy does not want to work with SJ right now.
6. davecann2 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:24 13
I just want to say one thing...
Is anyone’s job really guaranteed for life? I think it’s a bit naive to think it is.
8. Bluesky02 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:26 5
Yeah that sound so stupid that he could easily believe such things
12. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:38 5
Especially in the economy this whole WORLD is in. Yeah I agree 100% with you.
25. PAPINYC posted on 21 Aug 2012, 11:40 1
iCan't believe it but, iAgree with you. What a moron that guy is; just another one of those unhappy queens that worked at Apple.
29. smarter_than_you posted on 21 Aug 2012, 17:58 0
yes, it does happen and usually only the CEO of a company can offer it. (because most companies have 'at will' employement) If he can prove that verbal agreement was met he could win this one. Good luck to him.
33. davecann2 posted on 22 Aug 2012, 07:50 0
I dont think a verbal commitment would hold up in court. There is only one way this guy can win his case and thats if her has this agreement in writing and signed.
7. p0rkguy posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:24 2
It's just Apple being greedy again. They're cutting off executives from their stocks.
This guy basically made the 4S because without him, Siri wouldn't have been done and without Siri, 4S would've just been 4.
Whether or not he's the guy behind the horsesh*t Steve Jobs says while on his keynotes is a different story though.
14. denied911 (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:43 4
SJ in 2006 promised me blowjobs if he sells mor than 10 million phones in some year
17. ogy_dogy posted on 21 Aug 2012, 09:37 2
I have the feeling that in a few years apple is going to go back to its uncapable, useless self, just like it was before SJ returned in 2000...
19. Fuego84 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 09:57 4
Okay step 1 checked: Apple sues Apple.
step 2: Apple bans Apple products
step 3: Apple destroys it's self in a thermonuclear accident.
20. POLICE (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 09:59 1
He was a looser, is there, or can't u find a another job, relying on Steve.
If your talented, educated lots of jobs available, have some self-respect and toss him.
22. shuaibhere posted on 21 Aug 2012, 10:38 2
He never use to keep up his promise.....
He said apple will never make a phone they did it..same case with ipad mini.....
He said great artist will steal....and he accused android for same thing(actually android din do it).....
23. Jay_F posted on 21 Aug 2012, 11:13 1
Verbal agreements with no witnesses when the grantor is deceased should hold up very well in court.
24. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 21 Aug 2012, 11:19 3
this guy is just playing victim I know someone in the Android world is reading his resume right about now..
28. parkwaydr posted on 21 Aug 2012, 17:39 1
this case needs a judge with a sense of humor......
30. InspectorGadget80 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 23:00 0
WHo ever fire him is such a idiot and a dumb a$$