Fire at plant producing PCBs for the Samsung Galaxy S5 could push back release date?
The fire that broke out was a massive blaze that required a response from 287 firefighters and 80 firetrucks. By the time the fire was put out, equipment and component damage amounted to a steep $1 billion. The fire broke out at 7am local time and it took 6 hours to put it out.
We have some pictures of the firemen battling the fire in the sideshow below. Hopefully, this will not change Samsung's launch plans for its new flagship handset by even one day.
Fire at factory that produces PCBs for the Samsung Galaxy S5
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: AsiaNewsAgency (translated) via SamMobile
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yikes, that's not good. Was it technical issues inside the factory, a mistake by a worker, or an arson attempt?
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2530; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, might be the possible reasons. But I don't think so that Sammy could push back release date.
7. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Before anyone gives a fck about phones let's hope nobody was injured or worse.
2. pwnarena (Posts: 844; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
what the ...
they could've used that to buy sony's birthplace.
3. vincelongman (Posts: 1056; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Hopefully, no got injured
Also I hope Samsung don't use this as an excuse to rise their prices like that Memory OEM did not long ago.
6. MrWilli5 (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
maybe its a sign they should just release the premium S5...
17. rd_nest (Posts: 743; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It's a sign that you should stop talking non-sense. What has a fire got to do with 'premium S5'? Stop being a retard.
8. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Iron Man's probably been in there eliminating the competition. I knew hiring Robert Downey Jnr would payoff.
9. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Oh and if anyone did get burnt, they can use the back cover of the S5 on their wounds
14. TheGenius (Posts: 299; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Even thought I am a samsung fan ... I +1 you sir.+
12. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Don't act like Kid. Let's hope no one gets hurt with the incident.
16. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Like they didn't have fire alarms and a sprinkler system!! I doubt there was a massive explosion, it was probably a small fire that got bigger and I am sure everyone got out in good time. It couldn't have been that big a fire if you can't see any flames in the photos
19. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
As long as you stop acting like you genuinely care about the welfare of these factory workers. Did you care about them yesterday?
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5258; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What's sad is that some people here including PA didn't even care about the people in the factory got injured or not, all attention went to the S5. Really, which is more important? A phone or a life?
Hopefully no one was injured.
15. Planterz (Posts: 708; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
So, was anyone killed or hospitalized, or are we not supposed to be concerned about that, just the possible delay of a stupid phone?
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They probably won't release that info till they can get into the building and investigate.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hope no one was injured, or killed. That's a big fire, sad event.
21. nobrainer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
oh we all know Apple dont like Samsung ;)
22. wando77 (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Rumour has it Tim Cook was seen fleeing the scene with a box of swan Vesta
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 10568; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You'd really use an unfortunate event like this, to show stupidity just to get green thumbs. SMDH pretty sad, you're that desperate for attention.