Finnish Government won't buy Nokia stock to help the company
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jun 2012, 05:37
Finnish Nokia once accounted for 4% of its home nation’s GDP and kept Finnish national pride high, but with the troubled time the company’s entered, a public debate started…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. RoundBallmer (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 05:56 9 2
Victor's a typical anti Nokia/MS guy.
4. homeedition88 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 06:08 6 3
Right decision. At the end it is nokia's own mistake. M.s almost rules the company and they are using a Nokia maps infrastructure (and marketing strategy blabla) and they did not give a penny. They just install a Trojan in to the Nokia :)))
10. kindlefireowner posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:07 0 1
Dude. You have no clue of what you are talking about.
11. homeedition88 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:32 2 1
That billion is goes for marketing and devices which are give away for free.
5. Veigald posted on 21 Jun 2012, 06:44 5 0
Of course a government shouldn't bail out a company, unless it's a big bank with overpaid, greedy, ruthless bankers that need money to maintain their life styles.
But seriously, this is not the Finnish government's responsbility. Also, Nokia didn't ask for this, which is important to point out.
6. smartphone posted on 21 Jun 2012, 07:20 3 0
Ok don't buy the stocks but sure they can help in many ways. They can provide low interest loan, increase some subsidy etc after all once Nokia puts Finland on many people maps.
7. mercorp posted on 21 Jun 2012, 07:41 4 2
because they love iphones and androids.
(Not trying to be biased)
9. Johnnokia posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:14 3 1
Nokia = Finland's flagship.
The Finnish government should support Nokia like what the US government did with General Motors.
12. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 21 Jun 2012, 15:07 1 0
Hmm, what the hell? No good news for Nokia, is this company imploding on itself? Soon it will be selling off it's assets. Then the vultures will start circling the carcass, how in the hell did the worlds largest phone maker lose it's way in such a short time? This is like some celebrity who hits the substance and lose it all in 5 years. Poor Nokia.
13. microsoftnokiawin posted on 21 Jun 2012, 17:51 0 0
F*** STEVEN ELOP BIG TIME WHEN IS THE BOARD WAKE UP AND REALISE THAT STEVEN ELOP NEEDS TO LEAVE SYMBIAN AND MEEGO NEED TO COME BACK IN PRODUCTION ALONG SIDE WITH WP8
15. 7thspaceman posted on 22 Jun 2012, 00:07 0 0
looks like Microsoft will have to loan Nokia billions to stay afloat or buy it out right they will have see which is cheaper for them to do and what will be the long run effects on Microsoft and it's OEM partners and the smart phone Market
16. Sangeet posted on 22 Jun 2012, 08:32 0 0
With the new Windows Phone 8 Nokia is surely gonna win with flying colors as now Windows Phone 8 looks like somewhat a mature OS