Final Fantasy IV Coming to iOS December 20th, Android Spring 2013
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2012, 19:01 posted on
We just posted about the release of ZENONIA 5, and we've got even more RPG news for you fans out there. Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy IV will be coming to iOS on December 20th, and rumor has it that the game will make its way to Android in the Spring of 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. metalpoet (unregistered)
Finally! a game worth playing on my phone! lol
10. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Doubt MY iPad can take it, mostly cuz of my destructive sister
BOO SISTERS!!!! (Specifically mine)
2. hung2900 (Posts: 899; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I think high-end mobile devices can absolutely run FF VII and FF VIII, please bring them to us.
17. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
They said they wouldn't remake FF VII until another Final Fantasy game is at least as popular as it, or something along those lines, but I agree undoubtedly. In the meantime, there's undoubtedly a PS emulator for Android, I'm not sure about iOS or WP though...
21. osorto40 (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
They already can i have the galaxy s2 and they run 7,8,9 perfect with an emulator so any new flagship phone should have no problem.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
6 was that good? hmmmm..........so far 7 9 and 10 are the best to me
but hope to dig into that one soon :)
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That's why I said "of the classic series" 6 was probably the best of the first 6, all the games after that are kind of in a whole different class.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
o ok i was considering them all classics cuz theyre all really old lol but i get where you're coming from :)
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm waiting the 7 and 10 :)
5. monkeyfeet (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jan 2011)
I'm right there with you Michael, FFIV and FFVI are my favorite titles from the whole franchise. Funny most people think FFVII was the best but have never even played the original classics. When SE remakes VI, it will be epic.
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
actually now that I looked up 6 on youtube, i have played it, and I remember i got through a good amount of the beginning of it (yes enough to tell if it was good or not) and being that i played it on my emulator I couldnt get pass that part where you get out of this mountain (not the coal mine at the very beginning) and fight this dude named vargas and the game required you to do some "special" move in order to beat him, but the controls on my emulator made it EXTREMELY hard to do that, and I actually tried for AWHILE before giving up on the game.......but still couldnt get it to go.....so i ended up forgetting about it :( .......sad cuz it was actually a good one and i was enjoying it
so i did play 6 and a GOOD amount of it and also i played ff 2 about 5 years back when i used to own a psp lol
11. monkeyfeet (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jan 2011)
Sorry, but you barely scratched the surface of VI. You need a gamepad to do Sabin's special moves.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea i plan on getting one soon
14. jmartells27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
You would actually be surprised how much easier it is to do them on the touchscreen than on a gamepad, I was playing this on a emulator on my galaxy s
8. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
It'll be hard to remake FFVI with all the current graphics since there are so many allies you can choose from that they'll have to create 3D models for all of them and make ability animations as well.
I loved FFVI too!
And I agree, a lot of people (especially in the west) never played any of the classics.
6. Jyakotu (Posts: 832; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Final Fantasy IV is my favorite FF from the SNES era, but I could do without the DS remake Square Enix made. The PSP version is the best version, honestly.
15. redmd (Posts: 1109; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I hope square Enix will complete the series as android will be capable of playing graphic intensive games later on.
final fantasy 6 is epic. 2 more to come. be fast SE.
18. unbiasedcommenter (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I'm not sure if I would pay $15 for a DS port version. If it was the SNES version with high res textures... shut up and take my money.
19. legend1 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
In my eyes 7 is probably THE best final fantasy game ever
20. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
FF VI (or III, I always get confused) is my fav, Kefka is one of the best villians. I hope they redo it on Android
22. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I was a huge fan of III which got me into the series. They have I and II on sale this week for 3.99 is it worth the buy in your collective opinions?
23. CarmeliqygonaBur12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Well I really liked studying it. This subject provided by you is very effective for correct planning. and i must say but a great post,good information provided by you.