Fast paced video walk through Windows Phone 8 on HTC 8X
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2012, 20:41 posted on
Up to now, events that were showcasing Windows Phone 8 devices ensured that media handlers could not get past the start screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Omg that screen brightness!!! Can't turn me off :p
3. PersianHobo (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
even with owning a galaxy s3, something about windows 8, htc 8x, and the lumia 920 makes me tingly on the inside
6. arthurj (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
@PersianHobo, yep, absolutely, although I wouldn't describe my own feelings exactly that way -- more like plain old lust for the phone I can't have. I love my Samsung sIII, but oh you kid! My spouse has a WP7 Lumia 900, and guests who check it out look up with a certain expression that says volumes. I'm guessing the NEXT generation is even more seductive, and wish MS would WAKE UP and give developers the support we need, I'm not saying I'll start churning out killer WP8 apps if I had the SDK NOW, but developer support is lagging WAY behind OS and hardware accomplishments, which are awesome. Ryan Block of GDGT reportedly compared the HTC 8X hardware to iPhone 5 in its craftsmanship, and he is not over-generous. I want so much for HTC and Nokia to succeed here, but some little voice inside me is saying "Remember WebOS?"
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 2022; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Very smooth interface! Just wish that htc could have made the screen size a bit bigger...
8. PersianHobo (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
isn't it 4'5? lol cmon man, i think your waiting for a phablet from Nokia then
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If only the Lumia 920 could land on T-Mobile...
8X is beautiful, but Lumia 920 takes it all hands down.
9. PersianHobo (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
doesn't it support hspa+? maybe it'll come late, seems like T-mobile is trying to push htc windows first. I heard the samsung version will be showing up late as well, but htc will be the opener. either way im happy that tmobile got the 8x, i thought they would get stuck with the 8s...just like with htc one s, and one x
10. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
They should take time organizing their WP8 Homescreen, its all messed up
11. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i see what most users in here mean now... and i agree finally... windows UI needs a lil more customization... it seemed really plain to me... almost dry in a sense... maybe because the tiles were not organized or color presets weren't made... meh... i'll wait til summer/fall 2013 to drool over wp8
13. jerahm (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
they cleaned the UI of Office 2013, nice, not much tiles which is great IMO.
14. poppie (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
Why it look laggy on map? UI is too simple -> bored