Fast and frugal: Galaxy S4 LTE-A with Snapdragon 800 keeps up with the best in battery benchmarks
1. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I can't wait for it... I love that the note2 is still the best in the business
5. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
And I'm happy more when I see my Note 2 is also better than Optimus GK which has a smaller screen but the same battery size.
22. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 441; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Because it just goes to prove that screen size isn't everything when it comes to battery drain. The fact that the Optimus GK has the same size battery but a smaller screen is a testament to how much effort Samsung has put into software optimization.
I'm huge on battery life, so even I'm proud to see my Note 2 amongst the best phones to own for performance to battery longevity.
25. zero1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
I have gn2 is the best ever and prefer it on the s4
2. tech2 (Posts: 3456; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow .....!!!!!!..except GL Benchmark the difference is not that huge. I remember how all the Exynos Octa haters were criticizing for its power hungry A15s and it was more of a power drainer than saver !
Not to mention the Korean version Octa is overclocked !
7. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Cortex A15 is not that bad, but the overclocked PowerVR SGX544Mp3 @533MHz is a very bad idea.
Sadly there was no any alternative that time...
17. pulkit.tyagi (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
lol..adreno 330 is more than 100gflops while powervrsgx554mp4 is around 50 go check anandtech ! gpu in snapdragon 800 is the best yet .
3. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
thanks to the OLED display. i wish samsung uses darker themes. they should be the ones using xperia's themes because that means more power saving for them.
8. tech2 (Posts: 3456; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
LOL.......that makes perfect sense !
But I guess they used it to highlight the cold colours OLED display produces at the time of GS3 (not cold anymore though) and decided to carry on the same design language since then.
21. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yeah they should've done that. I'd also dig a RGB color slider so you could turn off the blue pixels. You would have a super awkward screen, but I'd turn off blue from time to time to maintain color balance longer.
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
It will be a terrible mistake if the Note 3 will be an Exynos-only device.
I just couldn't see myself buying anything this Q4 other than a SD800-powered device.
SD800 GS4 is a good start, I hope they'll carry on with their next flagship iteration
9. tech2 (Posts: 3456; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I don't think its a mistake using Exynos Octa.
Exynos Octa doesn't look a battery hog all of a sudden when you put it next to SD800's results !
Also, if they can somehow figure out to use core migration (as advertised in ARM's big.LITTLE demo) instead of the current cluster migration. I think it will be even better than SD800 !
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
iPhone 5 got it's but kicked. Where are all the "quad core processors are battery hogs" naysayers?
10. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
It's not more power saving, it just have a bigger battery...
23. iushnt (Posts: 1709; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
then why don't iPhone give bigger battery? Their battery life sucks..
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Exynos 5420 with Quad core at 2.0Ghz would destroy the S800
24. iushnt (Posts: 1709; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
In terms of speed, yes it will beat S800 but in terms of battery life, I doubt that but I don't say its impossible if sammy works more on it.
18. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Qualcomm has really hit a homerun with this chip.
It actually has lower mid -load consumption than the S600, and only slightly higher under the maximum load ..given the clock speed increase and the hugely improved GPU, the result is brilliant.
19. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
The browsing result was pretty awful considering the size of that battery.