Fashion model wears skirt made of Lumia 1520 phones, doesn't complain about app gap
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2014, 08:49 posted on
Nokia has partnered with creative label Fyodor Golan to deliver “the world's first interactive skirt”. The garment is made up of 35 Lumia 1520 smartphones. As the skirt moves, images on their screens change color, creating a synchronized shimmering effect...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Nice trolling comment in your title Lois.
5. papss (unregistered)
21. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
On a side note, I liked the outfit Kendall Jenner was modeling recently better ;)
26. papss (unregistered)
I'm with you there sir
22. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Would trolling be considered bad journalism?
3. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That dress must weigh a ton. It's somewhat ironic that a brand known for chubby, heavy phones will be used in an exhibition featuring nearly anorexic models.
33. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Cheap, ugly plastic from Korea won't help anorexic models gain weight.
4. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Dont mind if i do *sneaks by and grabs a 1520* haha
Anyways, the "app gap" is nothing to worry about. It's diminishing day by day
6. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Not really. There are way too many overpriced apps in the store, too many knockoffs, and still a bunch of big ones missing (All Google services being in that group). Add to that the fact that the worst browser, by almost every metric in every environment, is the best choice on WP, and you have a serious problem.
WP lost the race, and it's time to acknowledge that. There wouldn't be a Nokia Android handset coming out if Microsoft didn't already know that, and it's time for the WP fanboys to face facts.
8. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1818; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Ah! I was waiting for a fandroid troll to comment on the app gap. Didn't have to wait too long.
Please ignore such trolls (to WP users, fans & enthusiasts) and enjoy the article.
10. papss (unregistered)
Of course not.. When a blogger puts it in the title..lois has a great future here
9. papss (unregistered)
Nice try... IE is really good on mobiles, why would WP folks like me want google apps? I'd just use an android if I wanted google apps ( which I don't). Most "knock offs" are better than the real apps. BUT I'm sure if you weren't so close to google genitals you would see that not everyone wants google products.. Like android users say .. Choice is good
11. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Lets not feed the troll
Let em hate on WP
Meanwhile we'll continue to enjoy it :)
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1818; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I've said countless times before, i'll say it again. WP is meant for Microsoft's apps and their ecosystem, not Google's. If you want Google apps, go to Android or iOS.
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The problem is, everyone's needs are spread out, and few people rely on the services of just one company. It's a losing proposition to be tied down to just one. You go where the best services are, not where a vendor tells you.
As for IE, I've owned most of the WP flagships, 1520 included, and none of them could make mobile IE work as well as Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Dolphin.
25. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
"All Google services being in that group."
"The problem is, everyone's needs are spread out, and few people rely on the services of just one company."
You contradict yourself. Learn to practice what you preach. Haters gonna hate. Besides, Google is evil.
31. ihavenoname (Posts: 1307; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Hah, Google is evil, but it's pretty damn good compared to Microsoft, which is propably the meanest company in the history of mankind...
32. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Cool story bro.
P.S. If it weren't for M$, you wouldn't be on the Internet today. Give credit where it's due. Don't be a blind hater.
34. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Who said I use all of Google's services? For that matter, who said I use Android? I do, but I also use iOS, where I mix and match Google services, BB, where I only use Android apps, and new WPflagships, which I don't keep long because IE sucks and too many apps are missing. On the 1520, I also hated that the experience was identical to every other WP, with an extra column and poor use of the extra screen real estate.
14. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1818; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You would see them if you would concentrate at the skirt and not other places. ;)
23. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I'll help her by taking the skirt off for her...for two reasons...
17. Ikechukwu (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
hahaha what a crappy title. We'll get you guys someday
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2922; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
THat skirt must be weighing in tonnes. Lol 1520 just short of being a brick. Btw nice title 'app gap' lol.
19. Beijendorf (Posts: 287; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
That's the most hilarious title I've seen on here for a long time!
Stop taking it so seriously people, it's a phone-related clothing pun. It has the wonderful The Onion feel to it!
20. luis.d (Posts: 125; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
The title is just a friendly poke at all those of you who immediately think "lol app gap!" when they hear of Windows Phone. :) Felt like I should clarify. Please don't take everything so seriously, and enjoy your phones.
24. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Some of us who don't take it so seriously chuckled.
Alas, the fanboys will come, so you will never win, regardless of manufacturer or OS.
Welcome to P.A., just don't do anything real stupid like review a Jolla phone and give it a "2".
27. luis.d (Posts: 125; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Glad you got a chuckle. Thanks for the welcome and for sticking with us!
28. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Being aware of the audience, be it fanboys or haters, means being neutral.
35. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Starting to move into the futuristic times already lol.