Fake "proprietary screw" experiment shows how easy it is to hoodwink the Apple blogosphere
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The only thing that surprises me is that the screw wasn't 'rumored' to be a telepathic link to Steve in the hereafter. I guess the requisite number of participants in the game of Telephone wasn't reached.
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i wonder why this is only applicable to apple.
5. Nookie4u (Posts: 133; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I initially thought that screw meant like to screw the iBlogs until I saw the actual 'screw' lol.
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
People will believe whatever when they hear the words "proprietary" and "Apple" linked together.
11. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Actually it just shows how much people use companies like Apple to fill their lives somehow. Those people are often not very critical nor intent on looking pass what is there. So sad.
12. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Apple has already sent it to his local patent office
28. joey_sfb (Posts: 5408; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
And filed a lawsuit against the Swedish designer, damage amount to be determine should range from 2 to 3 billion dollars.
13. McLTE (Posts: 806; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This is really nothing to do about Apple.. and all about the internet bloggers that do NOTHING to substantiate any stories before reporting.
This just highlights irresponsible reporting!
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 3958; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm assuming this was more directed at apple's users.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your point is mostly correct, but it is also specifically about apple bloggers since they go in a frenzy over any piece of info they find.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
anyone else notice that it looks a lot like the computer input ports that R2-D2 accessed and spun left/right in the original Star Wars movies? :) just immagine an access hole right in the center, and boom.. its a replica.
Dont even ask my how I remember that lol.
17. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Hahaha I thought the same exact thing, R2-D2 hacking the elevator console.
18. tedkord (Posts: 10602; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple stealing more from droids? ;)
My concern is for the readers of the blogs that went public with this exclusive. Many had already begun rationalizing that Apple had invented screws, now they have to unlearn that.
23. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Apple simply invented and filed for the patent on the "look and feel" of how to to "screw you"
26. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh.. i see what you did there... ooooh. very clever sir. :) lol
19. Savage (unregistered)
Wow! People wetting their pants over a fake screw just cause it's invented by Apple?
Ridiculous. Don't give Apple any more ideas to patent!
20. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Most people who buy iPhones don't know or care about these BS rumors. The impact of bloggers and tech sites, and the so called "reaction" from readers, is all overblown. The same two people going nuts in the comments section does not constitute a movement.
21. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
LMAO!! This guy is awesome.. reminds me of the commercial "if its posted on the internet its gotta be true".. "Cant post anything on the internet that isnt true"
24. jael206 (Posts: 145; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
sigh.. this only shows how deep people are "screwed" by apple
27. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the amount of puns off of this and my star wars reference are hilarious. Who would have known that such a simple thing could spawn so many puns. lolol.
29. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
lmfao... a bit like fooling blind fanboys with a photo-shopped pic of a phone that doesn't actually exist - the galaxy note 2