Fake image alert: Sony Windows Phone is just a skinned Android
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL nice one! But please just leave it to Nokia..
9. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sony should concentrate on Android devices
27. Topcat488 (Posts: 1191; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Even though this is just a Android skin... Why should Sony or HTC, BB, or any other OEM limit themselves to only one OS... Thats what I can't understand... Make money everywhere money is too be made... Look at Samsung, their doing it right. They make Windows, Androids, Tizen, etc, etc, etc.
29. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Can't you see what happened to HTC First?
I know its android but First was a fail.
You mentioned Samsung, same thing happened to them. Their Window phone failed (Ativ S)..
They have abandoned BADA OS too. Lets see what they are gonna do with Tizen.
Ups and down is a part of a business.
Its worth-mentioning that what happened to Nokia in the last 2-3 years.
34. Topcat488 (Posts: 1191; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If Apple made a "iphone First", it wouldn't sell nobody wants a Facebook phone, which is why Samsung turned Mr. Zuckenburg down. But that New Samsung Ativ Q Notebook which runs Android and Windows will be the #1 TAB sold in 2013, I believe... And Samsung really didn't push their Windows handset because of lack of interest. Anywho, I have no stock in their success or not. Later. :)
37. HASHTAG (unregistered)
With the price of the ATIV Q, I'm sure we all know it'll be around the thousand dollar price range tag, it will be far from being the #1 "sold" tab in 2013. Probably the best tablet of 2013, but not the best seller.
40. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Nexus and iPad will remain the best tablets I believe.
38. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1066; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
ok this is just me but samsung have androidnised tizen way too much from what i've seen but that's just my view !
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's a WP8 phone with a launcher made to look like Android launched WP8. Lol.
2. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Sony makes beautiful hardware but screen and camera are not very good.
Nokia is better in every aspect.
3. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
ummmm let's wait and see.. It's a good competition though
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sorry, but Sony's UI is terrible. Sense 5 TouchWiz Nature UX, and even Huawei's Emotion UI is more appealing than Sony's UI.
8. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Atleast Sony's UI is better than Huawei's emotion UI.
19. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sense and Touchwiz are way better than all others.
Sony UI and Optimus UI are equal ( I mean in ranking)
16. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
That's just, like, your opinion, mate.
I can't stand TouchWiz and it's 2.2 Froyo look. Sense looks overworked, as usual. At least the Xperia UI stays close to vanilla Android.
And that's my opinion, not stating it as fact.
20. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yeah. Its more like a matter of your personal choice.
23. GTR722 (Posts: 252; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Lol what ?? if you love a child made interface like Samsung one....Xperia UI is classy
5. gd761 (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Don't Tease us with a HUGE B.S. story with a BAD Photoshop Picture.
We WANT it to Be True and FACTUAL! Then we can trust what you have to say in the future.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Where is the tease? It was laid out as BS right from the start, because we don't want the false rumor to spread. Squashing bad info is just as important as spreading good info.
11. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Where is photo shop listed in the article?
18. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
"FAKE ALERT" on the title.
Get your eyes checked.
33. gd761 (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
What I Meant was that some Knucklehead had Posted it on the Net and it was found to be "FAKE" and was exposed as "FAKE".
We All Want Windows Phones to Start coming out, but what We WANT IS FOR IT TO BE REAL!!!!
Looking at the Picture, if it was Photoshoped, then it was a REALLY BAD Attempt.
if I was going to make a "FAKE" Windows Phone, then I Would make DAMN SURE to make it look like it was Official and Not like what was found. It was found so very easily because the person who posted it in the first place, did Not even try to make it look in the least bit real.
14. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Nah, Sony has no intentions of making WP handsets. This kind of rumors keep popping up since 2011.
Heck, even XDA picked it up once.
It was a skinned Xperia Arc S, btw.
30. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Really? I was going to guess Buzz Launcher (they have a theme like this).
36. Taters (Posts: 3814; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The funny thing is that Launcher 8 on the Optimus G, is just as smooth as Windows Phone 8, save the lock screen animation. But other than that, it is the same. haha
32. bigbmc26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I would KILL for a Sony Windows Phone device. :-( Wish they went this way instead of Android...
35. jiezel91 (Posts: 66; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Oh please...no. If Sony is not on the Android camp, there will be no more 'classy' Android OEM.
It's good that Sony is in Android while Nokia is away and busy on Windows Phone. Because in my opinion, Sony is the closest thing to Nokia on Android with those original sexy designs and good-enough camera.
42. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1285; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I doubt if android will ever use Live MS Modern UI tiles because Google would have to pay Microsoft royalties to do so and Google wont let that happen. Google hates to pay MS the royalties they are paying them now.