Fake iPhones are 'shocking'
0. phoneArena 02 May 2014, 06:16 posted on
In Australia, the Customs and Border Protection Service has confiscated a quantity of Apple iPhone knock offs that have quite a kick to them. You see, the devices can't make a phone call, but they can act as a taser and shock someone whenever they are pressed to their skin. The curoms department arrested the guy who brought them intio the country along with shocking devices deigned to look like a flashlight...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. apple4never (Posts: 1018; Member since: 08 May 2013)
almost as bad as the iphones that killed those people in asia r.i.p
3. Planterz (Posts: 1403; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Are they like a real Taser, but disguised as everyday items, or are they just a gag item? I've been shocked by gag lighters, and they sting a bit, but they're hardly worth being seized by the government.
I have no idea what the laws in Austrialia are regarding tasers in the hands of civilians, but if they're anything like gun or knife ownership, they're likely abusrd, irrational, and overly restrictive.
7. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Better than handing guns to everyone!
11. desniper9 (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
We are allowed to have guns though no importing and very extensive requirments plus a small selection of guns as most are outright banned .Which is far better than allowing practically anyone to have access to guns
6. MacWiNux (Posts: 86; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
i have one of those it cost around $5... i used it just for everyday commuting
9. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 98; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
wow the f iphone in the 2nd pic is almost as fat as a lumia 1020...
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
This shocks me (pun definitely intended)