Facebook's mobile plans (Part 1): Why Instagram is worth $1 billion
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2012, 08:04 posted on
Some may say that Facebook has just paid $1 billion for Instagram to acquire filters for its photos, and there is a surprising amount of truth in that. But, there is much more behind the acquisition of Instagram...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 286; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I personally use Pixlr-o-matic my girlfriend is the instagram fiend but I honestly don't think it should have cost that much.
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I just got instagram on my phone, and I wanted to delete my account within a day's usage. Yeah, I'm kinda a hipster and all that, but I don't get instagram. maybe it's just for iPhone users and wannabe iPhone users.
3. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 286; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
That could be true I hate apple products but my girlfriend was really thinking about selling her desire HD just because she wanted Siri... instagram is simple alright so simple that if you didn't care before you definitely wont now.
4. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I have no idea why instagram is popular at all. Personally, I dont see a point to it. There are a million apps that have camera filters you can have fun with and share instantly. Its a nice little fad but not much more than that.
5. tigermcm (Posts: 822; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
Question: do all apps that originate with apple cost so much when being bought out? it just seems to me anything apple or has dealt with apple is unnecessarily expensive
7. saiki4116 (Posts: 374; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
in most samsung phones,the default photo editor is just enough to achieve the task performed by instagram.Android phones come with a wide options of sharing compared to iphone(may be because of that,instagram was popular)
8. Anikesh (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
pixlr-o-matic is better more editing options and less buggy
9. bert2662 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I think it's because Instagram has a wonderful social integration within it, beside sharing to other social network,instagram had it own social network system too