Facebook used on 86% of iOS devices, Google rules Android
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2013, 16:33 posted on
There have been pretty consistent rumors about Facebook developing its own phone, but in the meantime, the company is doing quite well at making sure its app is installed on the current leading smartphone platforms. A new study by NPD has checked what the most popular apps are on iOS and Android, and the top app in the iOS ecosystem is Facebook, which is used on 86% of devices. On the Android side, not surprisingly, the top spots are mostly Google...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Why is this news? Does anyone even care bout FB? & their phone will fail just like the htc design their crappy fb phone.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 19456; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
dude Facebook has about 1,000,000,000 users I would say somebody cares
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Remember that some people has more that one account, some people has registered but don't use it and some accounts are just scam and spam. I agree that there still is huge amount of "normal" accounts, but it is good for Facebook to publish such big numbers.
12. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
so if there were no fakes it would be small?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I already have answered to your question just read my comment #6 again. ;)
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 19456; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true, but Facebook is huge. His post would've been better aimed at MySpace.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Facebook used on 86% of iOS devices..."
In my opinion Facebook fanatics and iPhone consumers (mostly) are the same kind of people who very like to show off so I'm not surprised about such results.
10. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
you do realise that facebook account 70% on android right? before the bash, lets start the math. assume the ratio on ios to android user is 1:4, if 80% mean 80 user on ios facebook, that mean 70% mean 270 android user on facebook. thanks to the high volume of android around the globe, more facebook fanatics are using android than the ios, did you see the clear picture?
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"you do realise that facebook account 70% on android right?"
Do you realise that 70% on Android, but not all Android users use Facebook while Facebook used on 86% of iOS devices?
14. Ninetysix (Posts: 2316; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I think you failed you math as well as your ability to reason.
25. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Scores! And the droid goes wild!!!!!! :D
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 19456; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And whats that life? Cuz I see alot of android users on PA attacking I OS users
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's, that's nothing new, that's common even there are loads a Mac haters since the 90s and still persistent. They get bashed hatred and be called names, which is a very big shame and humiliated!
18. cripton805 (Posts: 1414; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I also see it the other way around. When Android came out, iOS users bashed on Android like no other. I was here.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 19456; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep some of these iOS users bring it on themselves.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And many iPhone users are in deny with reality. ;D
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very true, they don't like to face reality and likes to be controlled and not liking freedom, Linux.
27. cripton805 (Posts: 1414; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
At least Im not part of this FB fad. I dont even have the app. I also dnt know when was the last time I signed on. Android or iOS its a waste of time. It seems that FB is full of kids and drama and stupid groups.
9. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think Google+ is much better than Facebook... It's too bad that not as many people use it.
26. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Hangouts are cool bro, also app actually is as good as the page.... Anyone with the app can do 95% of what the page can do, witch I love, post and comments can be easily edited, YouTube cast are awesome and people can share music with you oh and trends.... Sometimes is really cool to know what are open profiles talking about
24. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I agree - it is not as cluttered as Facebook - I turned off my FB account...found it more and more useless.
23. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
G+ comes in my N7 built in, but you have to sign in to use...to be honest, I am not into the whole social site scene and I block the crap on my PC using chrome and an add-on called disconnect.