Facebook updates iPad app, makes it Retina-ready
In addition to the upgraded high-resolution interface, there are some other tweaks and fixes:
- The right profile picture appears for everyone
- Your list of friends always includes all your friends
- In sets of photos, your name is displayed correctly
- Photos of people who like Facebook Pages load correctly
- Your friend-request notification only lights up if you have a request
- You can change your language to Czech, Danish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal) or Thai
And of course…
So what are you waiting for? If you’re reading this on a new iPad, go update and start taking advantage of all that Retina goodness while you’re hanging out with your social network.
source: App Store link via TechCrunch
1. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
sorry i'm at work using a "wifi" only model ipad 2... do you know if the facebook update now supports the "timeline" feature?
2. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
3 of the last 4 stories are about the ipad...
3. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
the best news for high ratings is popular news... whats popular right now? ...ok, i'll wait.......
4. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Lets just ignore all the stories PA posts about Android...
5. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
K, I'd be ok with that IF you can tell me how in the hell the ipad is relevant to phones, or phone arena.
6. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
How are Android tablets relevant to phones? They aren't. PhoneArena doesn't just focus on phones...
8. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol... take a look up top at the tabs under the phonearena.com icon... there is a "tablets" tab next to "phones" they report both tablets and phones...
not saying that iPad is better than Android BUT the iPad is much popular and easier to get a discussion going.
7. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
It's actually an ongoing investigation and the feds are on top of it. And they all made fun of your conspiracies. Who's laughing now huh?!
9. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Hey Mandroid - PhoneArena has been covering tablets for some time. Just as "mobile phone news" morphed from feature phones to smartphones, it has now morphed to include tablets as well. We do our best to inform our readers on all mobile tech.
As for the clump of iPad news - if you go down the rest of our front page there's almost nothing else on the iPad. News is random, and sometimes it clumps together, just like when you flip a coin hundreds of times sometimes you get nothing but heads half a dozen times in a row.
10. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Fascinating. Why the hardon for the ipad 2.000000001? There is nothing to report. The sheep ate it up, it has a nice screen, the end.
15. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
You shouldn't have validated his post by replying to it. Its nonsense and anyone with a half a brain could fogure that out. He tried skewing numbers with an incredibly small sample size and its very obvious.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 9287; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who cares? Get off the site if u don't like it.
11. HTCFreak (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
when the iPad 3 got released and there were a lot of posts about it, everybody complained, but when the samsung galaxy III will be released and there will be a lot of posts about it, nobody will complain, not even the "ifans" (woow, so many prejudices in one word), trust me!
13. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Think really really hard, ask an adult for help if need be, and then tell me what the difference is.
14. HTCFreak (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Well... didn't Scott just tell you that Phonearena also covers tablets? -_-
16. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
When the transformer prime came out their was plenty of coverae about that too.