Facebook updates Android and iOS apps
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2012, 12:26 posted on
Facebook has rolled out updates to app on the two most popular mobile ecosystems, bringing major speed improvements to the iOS version of the app, while bringing several new features to Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
any news regarding a new facebook app layout (timeline) update for the iPad???
2. downphoenix (Posts: 2694; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
One thing I've noticed with the Facebook app, is that after ALL THIS TIME, there is still NO ability to share someone else's posts. This seems like a no brainer, but Facebook has continued to neglect this functionality for no perceivable reason.
3. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
after updating fb app on my sgs 3 ... it's crashing constantly
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
i just use the mobile site instead of the app in my galaxy nexus .
The app sucks
21. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
yeah, after the update it's crashing on my SGS2 also... they screwed something up.
friendcaster it is then...
5. Savage (unregistered)
Uhh, No. The facebook app for Android is still slow. There came an update previously this day which included emojis but I can't find them.
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Ahhh in the name of Mark Z. - It's about time!!!!
The app is finally smooth - and fast! Using it before was akin to using the browser in the Nokia 5800. Ugh.
7. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 890; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Updated on my GS2 (running official Samsung 4.0.4 ICS LPT FW, NOT rooted) earlier today, all it did throughout the day is crash, i hadnt even used it, i updated and left it, every time i took my phone out and unlocked it i found a 'FB app not responding' pop-up waiting for me to Wait or FC the app.
The Facebook team just cant get it right, its back to FriendCaster app for me, it never crashes, has push notifications and a better UI that adapts to what network speeds you have.
9. Stuntman (Posts: 827; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I'm going to avoid it then if these reports of crashing are true. Some people are reporting it crashing on MobileSyrup as will. Too bad. I hear it allows you to post multiple pictures at once now.
For those people who find the app crashing, have you tried restarting your phone?
10. RealRapRaw (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Using iPhone 4, I am unable to change "Sort" in my news feed from "Top Stories" to "Most Recent." I can tap the "Sort" option and the selection menu will appear, but when I tap "Most Recent," nothing happens.
19. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 217; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Yeah I was stuck on that too. But then I notice the Done button at the top right corner.
11. HockeyDood (Posts: 69; Member since: 14 May 2010)
On my Galaxy Nexus since installing the update less than 24 hours ago, it has crashed more times than it's actually worked. And if I attempt to launch the app 3 times, at least 1 of those it will freeze and fail. Twice it froze bad enought I had to pull the battery and reboot my phone. Bookface once again, 'fixing' things that didn't necessarily NEED to be fixed. But still can't get it right...
17. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm more of an iOS user, but try this delete the app, take ur battery out while the phone is on, then after ur nexus reboots re install it. Should work.
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Nice i've been waiting on a good update for the iPad
16. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm on mine rite now it's pretty good bro
20. jeff1434325 (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Heck!...it's still slow. nevermind, I I'll just use friendcaster:-)
22. timposey73446 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
why is my facebook widget is miss ip on my andrioed