Facebook smartphone rumors put to rest by CEO Mark Zuckerberg
1. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Lol, imagine changing google with facebook.
Facebook it? How? Search it? Put it as a status? :))
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
IMO they will not directly compete with Google, Yahoo!, or any other search engines. They'd be focusing on their own database that contains tons of their own unique collated information about individuals and advertisement activities.
IMO, a good move would be to have a dedicated search engine optimized for searches on good deals on purchases, restaurants, air-fares, hotel accommodations, etc since all those fb advertisements gives facebook a lot of information on who (age,gender,location,interests,etc) clicks, buys, or views those ads.
4. Black_Dynamite (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Am I the only one that believes that a Facebook Phone, or Facebook Search engine is the sign of the Apocalypse? If it isn't then it is definitely the beginning of the fall of Western Society.
Facebook must be stopped.
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes. Such services don't have a big halflife :)
6. aaronkatrini (Posts: 240; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
you can start by stop using it yourself ! :P
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Facebook, they and their rules, much like another Apple. I created an account, like some pages, add existing friends, update my profile then dang!
Facebook log me out, then when login i get this message that some service has been disable for me for 15days, can't post, like or share. My account is completely paralyzed. That sad thing is their's no real alliterative to facebook
8. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I'm wondering how you added existing friends.