Facebook said to be working on "disposable chat" (aka sexting) app
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:12
With the backlash to privacy concerns and your communication on the Internet being essentially immortal, a new trend has been emerging in the realm of "disposable chat". So, rather than something like Gmail or Facebook, which is intended to keep your communication forever, or Twitter, where private conversation becomes public. There is a move to communication that "self-destructs" and it looks like Facebook wants in on that market. Of course, a major use for that market isn't just regular off-the-record chat, but rather sexting...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:19 6 1
10 seconds? You could, I don't know, screenshot it?!?
12. cripton805 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:07 4 0
I guess they updated the article. It can't take screenshots.
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Dec 2012, 00:19 2 0
But it would take more than 10 seconds to open, look, REALISE (that you really want the screenshot), open the screenshot app and by that time, BOOM!!!!
Sounds like James bond.
"This message will self-destruct in 10..9..8..."
18. Captain_Doug posted on 18 Dec 2012, 08:46 0 1
On all the CM roms I use if you hold down the power button it gives you the power menu, one of those items being a screenshot. Takes 3 or 4 seconds.
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Dec 2012, 09:06 2 0
I get it that you are an advanced user...
But not every one is, most would just keep the OS the way it is.
23. Captain_Doug posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:22 0 1
And be stuck with motoblur, sense, or touchwiz? DOES NOT COMPUTE!
24. cripton805 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 12:35 0 0
In the Samsung Galaxy S3, you just wipe the screen to take a screenshot.
21. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:09 2 0
As was pointed out below, Snapchat supposedly blocks screenshot attempts and sends a warning to the person messaging you when you try. Not sure if there's a way around that feature on a rooted device.
Oh, and FYI, if you're on Android 4.0+, just hold the power and volume down buttons together to get a screenshot. That's the fastest way.
2. p0rkguy posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:21 0 0
Everybody knows nothing is disposable once uploaded.
Too bad teens these days are dumbasses so their privacy deserves to be online for everybody else to ridicule. Hell, we still have young adults that still do sext.
4. danny_a2005 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:31 1 2
I give facebook no more than 2 years... it's staring to get annoying, just like windows live messenger...
22. EclipseGSX posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:51 0 0
Wishful thinking, Facebook is so huge it's not going anywhere.
5. iami67 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:43 5 0
Screen shot wont work. If you dont want it to that is. With snapchat if you try taking a screenshot the picture ereases imediatley and then the sender gets a notificatoin saying you tried doing that.
7. MichaelHeller posted on 17 Dec 2012, 19:40 1 0
Did not know that. Thanks for the info, I've edited the article to add that in.
9. KingKurogiii posted on 17 Dec 2012, 20:22 0 0
i've just been using Snapchat since last night and i had considered the screenshot method but i won't now, thanks for the warning fellow reader! c:
8. Fuego84 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 20:06 0 0
I just hope they don't make this a part of the Facebook app. I don't think anyone wants to see.... (Your mother) likes sexting app join (your mother )on sexting app lol.
11. Reluctant_Human posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:55 1 1
Or you could not be an idiot and don't send pictures of yourself naked..
14. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 00:02 2 0
If someone sends you a nudie, it's just bad form not to reciprocate. You don't want to be rude.
16. Reluctant_Human posted on 18 Dec 2012, 00:44 0 1
Brett Favre would agree with your comment all day every day.
19. DanMarino13 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 08:48 1 0
i don't know whether to commend you for making fun of brett favre, or dislike you cause you brought up brett favre....