Facebook rumored to show off new phone or mobile OS on Tuesday
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2013, 13:26 posted on
There is speculation that at a press event scheduled for Tuesday, Facebook will reveal something related to the mobile universe such as a Facebook phone or a new Facebook OS for mobile phones; in the past, whenever Facebook would deny that a branded phone was coming, it was always a denial related to whether or not the social networking site was building new hardware...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Better open an clinic for Facebook addicted people.
3. HTCOE (Posts: 608; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it's just pointless... "hey look, i have a facebook phone."
someone replies... "and..?"
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The Facebook OS should be pretty fun. s/
Menu starts with 'fMenu', or 'fMusic' or even 'fOS'. Well, i'm just basing it on what they might do with reference to Apple.
And a hard, pressable 'Like' button should be made available...that should seal the game.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
14. AnTuTu (Posts: 1117; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
OS sounds good but FB phone would be a big 'LOL'
2. HTCOE (Posts: 608; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
smh this is ridiculous... i dont know why they would make a facebook phone...it's just plain stupid and they should stick to apps i think they're just bored and just want to do something. but i see no success in such a product. i rather have an integrated instagram camera on a phone than have a facebook phone but anywho where are the details about the Motorola Nexus and GSIV?
4. imkyle (Posts: 1039; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
while the thought of a social network having its own phone or OS is silly, I'd be curious to see what it looks Iike. i say bring it on.
6. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'm sure it will sell well just like their previous FB devices. I mean how about making a better app first.
7. nicholassss (Posts: 361; Member since: 10 May 2012)
They're too busy making whatever is coming out on tuesday to worry about improving their app.
8. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
So pointless facebook is about to end up like myspace
13. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 884; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Off topic I know, but that is one LEGENDARY avatar you got there :'D
9. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
I think Its gonna be on BB10, that the only device or OS to my knowledge that is affordable and is in all or most countries in the world and FB made it clear that the want to target and world wide and that the easiest way. BB is growing in the 3rd world countries very strong plus with the BIS service it makes it very easy ad very affordable to communicate world wide real time.http://www.forbes.com/sites/br
iancaulfield/2012/05/02/researhttp://buffalowebcam.com/news/ ch-in-motion-hey-were-big-in-indonesia-and-nigeria/. third-world-could-be-the-salvation-for-rims-blackberry
10. saied (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
If one day there is an announcement on the news page for "Phone Arena OS" I wouldn't be surprised
11. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Pointless. Me thinks those facebook folk are are thinking too highly of themselves these days thinking they can have an entire os and that people would buy into it.
12. Sam987 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
seems quite possible.As it leaked a few months ago and mentioned here too,an HTC phone codenamed Opera UL is supposed to be a Facebook phone.and just recently,when a list of codenames of 35 HTC phones for 2013 leaked,Opera UL was listed there too.So its possible that we might see a Facebook phone.but nothing can be said with surety.
20. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Probably an app, doubt they could handle more then that.
21. speckledapple (Posts: 891; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Is it me or does someone else see Facebook as an OS difficult to imagine. Its a portal for social interaction dont get me wrong and they could leverage that as well as its numurous partners to be a part of it but I think its still in portal phase and has not reached the level of a full blown os quite yet. Thus, i cannot see it having its own phone.
22. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
what would facebook could really bring? new OS would be nice since they also have gazillion of apps and games!! and a facebook phone don't really hay me!! are they pushing to be like Amazon? is the new OS really new? or just like Amazon's skinned Android? but Mr CEO hates html5!! how can they leverage?
it world shock me if it's a webOS
24. mydi.maus (unregistered)
phone book phone OS.?HHHMM,..