Facebook phone made by HTC might not debut until mid-2013
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Jul 2012, 21:30
Thanks to an anonymous source, we are lead to believe that the project for a Facebook branded handset is still underway, even though the announcement of the rumored device seems to have been delayed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darktranquillity posted on 25 Jul 2012, 21:51 2 1
Htc cha cha and salsa were kinda facebook phones but a failure. And
2. Samsomesh posted on 25 Jul 2012, 21:52 1 2
Htc chacha n salsa were midrange phones so nothing excellent.. But htc should make fb phone with jelly bean that will a hit
4. Nick_T posted on 25 Jul 2012, 22:15 6 0
By mid-2013, we might already have Android Nutella on the horizon :)
3. Birds posted on 25 Jul 2012, 22:04 0 0
Well the longer it takes to get to the market... the better for the marker it will be....If you get what I'm getting at....We don't need gimmiky phones..
5. loken posted on 25 Jul 2012, 22:33 2 4
How about Sony make a facebook phone... sony phones always have facebook integrated.
6. lubba posted on 25 Jul 2012, 22:38 2 0
Hopefully the OS will be WP because Facebook integration on WP is flawless.
7. Jay_F posted on 25 Jul 2012, 23:02 2 1
I can't imagine much of a demand for a phone like this.
8. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 23:13 0 0
i hope of seeing a windows phone that is heavily customize!!
if its an android phone..it might be dub as "just another android"
if its WP people will be shock that microsoft make something that is different..
btw why htc?
random thought, i thought nokia will skin WP too to make them look different from the other WP?
9. KingNote posted on 25 Jul 2012, 23:13 5 0
I just don't understand why companies insist on manufacturing a Facebook phone #fail...
10. Schuler2828 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 23:39 0 0
Me neither I mean all phones can get the Facebook app...But then again it's marketing Facebook is known by everyone they see a Facebook phone there like whoa cool, it's for people that aren't into technology as much as us and don't care about performance or any of that just the name, Like the iPhone.
12. KingNote posted on 26 Jul 2012, 00:41 1 0
Your absolutely right tho, maybe if they market the correct target audience it can be a success... But, as for me, i'll stick with high-end technology...
14. Schuler2828 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 00:58 0 0
13. networkdood posted on 26 Jul 2012, 00:41 3 0
The Facebook phone should be called the HTC Drama.
17. script_writer posted on 26 Jul 2012, 02:33 1 0
Facebook phone: too little too late by the time that gets launched
21. quakan posted on 27 Jul 2012, 00:59 0 0
Yeah he didn't get it. Facebook is the new Myspace, but obviously Mxyzptlk didn't get the memo.
22. MineralsMate posted on 28 Jul 2012, 16:27 0 0
Good grief. A FB phone? It's enough that FB takes over some people's desk/laptops, but now their phones, too? I'm happy with a very basic phone, but I'm looking at another basic smartphone: How is the Nokia Lumia 900? I want it with AT&T 4G LTE; is it fast enough? I'm in the beauty industry (ATL) but don't overuse a phone.