Facebook overhauls Android app, brings parity with iOS
This actually completes an odd development cycle for Facebook’s mobile offerings. Facebook lacked an official app for Android for quite a while – apparently they had hired a company to develop it for them, but Google then bought the same company by coincidence, thus creating an even longer wait for Android users.
Changes in the updated app include improved picture speed (up to two times faster), a shift in user notifications to the top of the app, and a new side-menu to allow easier access to all of the sundry groups, apps, and feeds you might want to use.
Although the release is supposed to be today, at the time of this writing the update had not yet been pushed live to the market, but it should be there "soon".
soource: Facebook via Droid-Life
2. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
you iOS users really are idle aren't you?
15. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Well I could say the same for Android fans and their phones, but nothing is ever idle in Android which is why the battery life is so poor on them. ZING!
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
yep all 4s users are really happy with their battery life. zing? what are a 10
6. downphoenix (Posts: 2506; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Indeed. I started using the mobile site and stopped using the App because it was just a waste of space, it wasnt as good as the mobile site. Maybe it will be worth using again, we'll see.
9. quakan (Posts: 1239; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
everyone on this site loves to hate you lol
14. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I rather for people to hate me for what I am than to love me for someone I'm not. I am not on this site to please Fandroids and people who only care about thumbing comments down because they're afraid of handling the truth.
I am the reason people come back to PA, I am the most watched person in the comments because I'M THE MIZ, AND I'M....AWESOME!!!
16. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
your annoying and you spit half-truths if your not just repeating what you've said thousands of times already.
19. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Really? Really? Really? I don't care what you think of me. I certainly don't care for any of the hypocrites here, that's for sure.
4. baldilocks (Posts: 558; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Well, if it's anything like the iOS app, it's gonna be buggy.
5. baldilocks (Posts: 558; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Just saying that because the iOS app is just like the mobile app and they are both hard to use now.
20. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
It's hard to use anything on Android without it force closing on you. ZING!
7. Stuntman (Posts: 798; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
They need to fix some major bugs in the tablet version.
8. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
its about time!!! crappy app , too confusing to use , too stupid and unefficient , lets see how it will look like now
10. Chaos212 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Lol facebook app confusing to use? Seams like u should get nokia 3210.
11. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
The update is available. Just updated, crashed and forced close. Damn.
12. remyrz (Posts: 191; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
things dont like:
1- I cannot see who like's one picture
2- I cannot tag after I upload a picture
or i dont know how to :/
17. wsker (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Just enter Facebook.com using ur browser, its MUCH MUCH better than the app.....
18. Stuntman (Posts: 798; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I just got the update tonight. I actually like it. It fixed a number of bugs on the tablet version. My only criticism so far is that it is slow to launch.
21. pegasso (Posts: 207; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
just got the update.
the new FB app interface looks similar tohttp://touch.facebook.com.