Facebook forcing employees to use Android to improve app
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Aug 2012, 17:28
It sounds like Facebook is finally going to put some real effort into its Android app, as word has come out that the company is now forcing its employees to use Android devices in order to make the app better...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz posted on 23 Aug 2012, 17:33 20
well android users could end up moving to G+ witch has a better app....
5. MichaelHeller posted on 23 Aug 2012, 18:58 20
Unfortunately, that's not how it goes with social networks. If your friends are on FB, you use FB. The apps don't really matter.
8. dickwyn posted on 23 Aug 2012, 19:38 4
yeah i agree Google Plus has a fresh look but the problem is not much people use it compared to facebook
12. protozeloz posted on 23 Aug 2012, 20:26 0
yeah but having a sucky experience migrates lots of people from one social network to another... it killed myspace
13. MichaelHeller posted on 23 Aug 2012, 21:00 3
that's an overall bad experience, not a bad experience on one platform.
14. CellularNinja posted on 23 Aug 2012, 21:01 0
In some cases yes, but I have friends on both, but basically ignored Google+ because there wasn't much point. But when this site was saying how great the Google+ app was I have literally switched to primarily G+ because it really is a better experience.
17. lyndon420 posted on 23 Aug 2012, 23:13 2
Remember 'My Space' and how popular it was before facebook came along? I find a lot of interesting stuff on G+ and the more you use it the better it seams. It's nice not having to worry about pokes and negative drama spewing into my feeds. I haven't gone back to fb since changing over to G+.
2. sithman (banned) posted on 23 Aug 2012, 17:41 4
iOS users download the new Facebook app for ios devices. It's much improved, and mega fast.
9. Lift_Off posted on 23 Aug 2012, 19:42 2
Just tried it out. Awesome improvement. maybe I will continue to enjoy facebook a little bit longer now....
3. downphoenix posted on 23 Aug 2012, 18:02 7
Yea, it is pretty sad. Its almost better just to get on the mobile Facebook site than to waste the space on the app.
4. shnibz posted on 23 Aug 2012, 18:34 2
Thank God!!! Downphoenix is right because the app suuuuuucks
6. xoutrageousx posted on 23 Aug 2012, 19:01 1
Android should get the same treatment as iOS gets with updates and everything, I am myself an iOS user. I feel like both are up to par and should be released, not later down the road.
10. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 23 Aug 2012, 19:46 1
it seems that android facebook app will never be par compare to iOS version if facebook wont force its employees so that it will see the flaws for themselves...
better buy a low/mid range device so that you will surely see them!!!
15. JGuinan007 posted on 23 Aug 2012, 21:25 1
Isn't Google+ way better than FaceBook anyway why would Android user adopt FaceBook anyway especially if FaceBook has to be forced to make for Android
16. AnotherOne posted on 23 Aug 2012, 22:00 0
I dont see why everyone complains , the app has never crashed on me & works as it's supposed too . (Im on a galaxy nexus)
19. RapidCat posted on 24 Aug 2012, 03:05 1
the app always crash if u use mid or low end phone
18. droidnator posted on 24 Aug 2012, 02:01 2
It's about time they did something to improve the app, it needs a lot of work!
20. bloodline posted on 24 Aug 2012, 03:45 1
The android app is terrible, Friendcaster does a better job IMO but I am not a fan of the UI of that app.
The android could actually be significantly better than the IOS version due to the larger screens sizes and jelly bean style.
I like the fact facebook are intent on improving their android app
25. Stuntman posted on 24 Aug 2012, 11:46 0
Facebook purposely downgrades posts from FriendCaster and also prevents FriendCaster from seeing all posts from all of my FB contacts. This is the only reason I am not using FriendCaster regularly. They should just unblock posts and not downgrade FriendCaster and tell everyone to use FriendCaster.
21. TylerGrunter posted on 24 Aug 2012, 03:57 0
I really hope they improve it, cause right now it's a battery sucker! It's the application that is always on top of the battery usage: and that's even if I don't open it!
22. ilia1986 posted on 24 Aug 2012, 04:28 0
I don't understand how you can "force" a person to use an Android phone. It would be like "forcing" a dog to chew on a bone, like "forcing" Winnie the pooh to eat honey, like "forcing" Usain Bolt to run fast.
You don't "force" a person to use an Android phone. A person chooses to use an Android phone naively, given he\she is given the opportunity to do so.
23. shuaibhere posted on 24 Aug 2012, 06:58 0
If facebook concentrates on android then i will switch to fb.......
still i use fb sometime in pc......
24. fewwords posted on 24 Aug 2012, 09:51 0
all i can say is new android app must also be good tablet UI for facebook